logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#356650 11/28/07 05:46 AM
R
OP Offline
R
Hi everybody, how yoga used for kids, in what ways it will helpful for kids, because they don't have any mental stress and pressure, so any one give nice explanation about this, what are advantages, how they can uses, which time is the best for kids. i need some nice information, because i have a yoga stuff site, for this topic i have only less information about, if you give something, it will be useful for me, thank you

Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
J
I don't think it is correct to say they don't have mental stress. It's just a different kind of stress.

I would say it helps children with better mental clarity. It seems that we have mental chatter no matter what age we are.

It also of course helps flexibility -- both in the mental and in the physical body.

I would love to hear what others have to say.

Thanks for starting the topic.

Jen

Jen Blackert, publishes a weekly ezine on business and life success lessons. For more information visit www.thetaoofsuccess.com or Jen's online home atBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
R
OP Offline
R
Thanks jen for your information, yes i'm also eagerly waiting for users reply. Let see

J
Koala
Koala
J
I would think the biggest reasons to get kids into yoga is to help them start a lifelong habit of exercise and mindfulness. They need to learn about deep breathing and how to feel at home in their bodies.

Kids are very open to things too. I would think they would have an easier time with the "mindfulness" of yoga.

J
Gecko
Gecko
J
I just started doing a yoga cd with my 2 kids. They loved it!

I'm hoping to teach them coping skills for stress and also help them develope a love for yoga and streching their bodies. I agree about the mindfullness of yoga. This is something very important that I feel the kids can get from it.

I totally agree with joanj.Kids are really very open to do this kind of stuff.

Please visit my blog on
Ipod downloads
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I practice yoga with my class once week. It is such a different experience for them. All giggles, they love trying "difficult" postures grabbing onto my leg or a chair to aviod tumbling over.

I made a set of cards with a picture of the pose and its name. They are color coded into standing, sitting and relaxation postures. The children know to start with and end on a resting pose, otherwise they are free to mix their own practice.

Melissa Demiguel
French Culture Editor

"If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris...then wherever you go for the rest of your life it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast."
Ernest Hemingway

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.