Print Thread
Page 6 of 38 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 37 38
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Broadsword training!! What an excellent idea!! smile

I just finished my first 15 minutes for today - I kicked the level up to level 7 for the first 5 minutes but then had to bring it back down to 6 for the remaining 10. It definitely made the workout more hard!!

My knees feel fine - the burn is all in my upper thighs - so that's fine by me smile I used to bike a ton - maybe I'm lucky, but biking has never hurt my knees. It's always the thighs that feel the heat.

I have always loved a flat stomach so I *should* do situps but I need Bob awake for that to stand on my feet. I do have a device that attaches to a door that you hook your feet under but it really doesn't work that well. I do actually have that rolly thing where you kneel on a pad and put your hands on the rolly thing and push it away and back, I should go figure out where I put that ...

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Good going Lisa!

Rosie L
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Well OK you guys as always have enthused me. I am going to go downstairs into the horror zone ... ummm basement ... and see what can be done about digging out the bowflex ...

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Great Skyhaven! (Or do we call you Rosie?) Your workout should be enjoyable, not punishment (unless you are Lisa - heehee).

If you are not enjoying it, then you need to change things until you DO enjoy it. The Am Heart Assoc says to workout every day, 20-30 minutes. So if it's to be sustainable, it better be a "treat".

For me, i get to enjoy flipping through my decorating magazines and dreaming about fixing up my home, or I can watch something fun on TV. I go at a slow rate and the time just whips right by in an enjoyable fashion.

Last edited by Jilly; 03/03/08 02:32 PM.
Jilly, call me Rosie
I did less then five minutes on the bie this morning and i was so board ;o(

Rosie L
haha can't spell to good today you know i meant to say "BIKE"
didn't you

Rosie L
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Lisa the rolly thing sounds good. you do know you can do crunches without someone standing on your feet, right? a proper crunch means you never come up above 45 degrees anyway - going face to knees is not really good for you and is considered last century.

here is how to do a crunch by my online fitness coach (PDF):

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by Jilly; 03/03/08 02:37 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Hi Rosie. If you are bored then you need to find a book, some good music, or put on a movie or something. Or talk on the phone. :-) While you work out. You know? smile

Last edited by Jilly; 03/03/08 02:40 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Lisa, I totally think you should find a broadsword trainer. It will help your novels too, to know about it firsthand. :-)

I think that would be so incredibly fun. Even if the swords are super heavy, i bet your leaning curve will be swift as your arms adjust to the movements.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
OK I keep time by this forum smile Exactly 38 minutes and 59 seconds ago I went down into the basement of doom and plowed at it. I dug out the bowflex!! I somehow managed to wrangle the giant rolling shelf around into the back corner, move the two bikes that were leaning against it and move all the other junk that had accumulated.

The bowflex is freeee!!!

And then because, as you know, I am insane, I hooked up the 50 pounds arms (or whatever those tubey things are called). I did 10 back pulls and 10 to-chest pulls. I'm sure those are the technical names for those exercises. And then 21 situps because I found that even without weights just looping my legs through the foot areas is enough to hold me down to do a sit-up against.

Hurrah!!

Now of course my shoulders will be in agony tomorrow but right now I'm feeling quite encouraged smile

For broadsword training the SCA is always looking for people to join their sword teams and fencing teams. So I could do that quite easily. I just don't have the time smile I can sneak away for 15 or 20 minutes here or there while I'm waiting for a system to reboot or such, but it would be too hard for me right now to dedicate the 5-6 hours a week (including travel time, setup time etc) that something like that would take up. Maybe someday smile Also I'd want to be in much better shape physically before I tried, so that I had the starting stamina to learn smile

Low Carb Forum
Page 6 of 38 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 37 38

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.