Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#384314 03/01/08 03:44 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Do you have a room of your own? A desk of your own?

I know I'm very lucky, I do have my own office with a nice desk in it now. I love writing in there. But I also do a fair amount of writing on my laptop, on the couch too smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
My desk lives in a corner of the living room. As our TV is rarely on, and our home quiet overall, this is adequate. I also write at a corner table in a favorite coffee shop a few times a month, and often spend my break time at work outside on a bench, scribbling notes and ideas.

Happily Living The Childfree Life!
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
It's funny because before 2000 we didn't even have cable. The TV was literally never on. But when we got cable for the year 2000 roll-over it's like candy. Because it's there, it tends to be on. It actually helps me because I write a ton of reviews about movies because they're on in the background. I can be working on the site, re-watch a movie in the background and then write a review of it. But on the other hand when I'm working in the other room and the TV's just blaring nonsense stuff I find it distracting. I have noise canceling headphones and I do have to use them sometimes to block it out.

Low Carb Forum
R
Gecko
Gecko
R
I have a room of my own, but I also write anywhere else I am. If a thought hits me, I pull out the notebook I carry and write it down. When I get home, I make sense of all my notes, and get the ideas where they belong.

Tiger
Tiger
My office is in the diningroom. Well, what would be the diningroom if we still had a diningroom... it's my office. We never used the diningroom and the table just collected stuff. So when a friend offered me an old metal desk that is where it went. I eventually just kept taking over more space. The table is now folded down and up against the wall, the chairs are in the basement and my desk take up the big wall with two wood bookshelves I got at a great deal on each side. The buffet is still there and I finally cleaned by piles off it and put a pretty red cloth on it. I like this spot because I can see the birds and cedars out the dininroom window and look out the livingroom window at the giant maple in the front yard. I can also see the fish for some relaxing gazing.

You can see a picture of it here.

B
Koala
Koala
B
I am in the kitchen

this is the computer and printer we got from the virtual academy for the homeschooling. I had geeksquad set it up in the kitchen.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
Tiger
Tiger
It's so tidy. smile

T
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
T
I have an office, but I'm moving my desk to the dining room to give this room to my son, who's returned home. If I'm in the dining room, I'll quit burning all the food. An office is great, but I zone and forget I'm cooking dinner smile So I need to return--I spent most of my career writing in the dining room.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
awwww my crane!! smile

I love origami smile I have two different bouquets of origami flowers in my office plus a few origami dragons smile I like origami because you can customize them as the whim strikes you.

Low Carb Forum
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I'm with Bonnie - in the kitchen (with the other supper-burners!)

This is easier now with laptops! It's great, I can just lift it out of the way and off the kitchen table when I need to. I must admit I find excuses not to use the PC in the Living Room now - big slow old dinosaur LOL!

However, like Terrie, the multi-tasking can reach epic proportions in a kitchen! I love the outlook to the countryside too.

My non-fiction articles don't feel so much like work now - don't know if that's a good or bad thing!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.