Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#378485 02/21/08 02:31 PM
B
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
B
OK seriously, nothing is more cliche and depressing than a mom driving a minivan. So many moms complain about how their lives as moms wear them out and they feel like a phantom of their former self. As a mom, I think it's very important to still try to feel like your non-mom self. Get dressed up and go out on a date with your husband or boyfriend. Feel sexy! Get a babysitter while you go to an art class or cooking class, or whatever interests YOU. It's ok to be selfish sometimes- the kids want their alone time too! And get rid of the minivan! You don't need it! It will only depress you further!

I recently got rid of my minivan for an Audi A4. The 2 kids fit in it just fine and I certainly feel much sexier driving it. My husband actually wants to get an Audi TT LOL!! He currently has a Jeep Grand Cherokee. We are sick of fitting into the "parent" stereotypes and are trying to reinvigorate our lives. Since he wants a TT I entered him in this contest- hey why not give it a shot right? Better than buying a new one!

www.staples.com/hon

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
I am sooooo ready to get rid of my van. I have had a van for the last 14 years (not the same one of course). I have a son going to college, and my daughter will get her permit next week. My youngest is 14. I don't need to lug kids and 5 of their friends any where. I want to get something smaller with better gas mileage!

Shark
Shark
I've been looking into Crossovers and realized they are the perfect replacement for people who don't want to enter minivan land. I think the Dodge Journey is the best looking crossover right now. You get the modern look of an SUV but you still get the cargo room of a minivan--the price and the gas mileage doesn't hurt either!

*~*SwishyKid*~*
Parakeet
Parakeet
We bought a VW jetta when I went back to work (I wanted a mini coop and the kids fit OK)

We still have the mini van (a year later) -- my husband wants to sell the VW 'cause we'd get more for it and drive the van again.... no!

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
We've never had a mini-van. I remember seeing a car crash many years ago, and the mini-van was totally crumpled. I was too freaked at that point to ever even consider getting one. I'm sure they are about as safe as any car, but I just could never get that picture out of my head.

I like the new Volvos. Boy, have they changed a lot over the years.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

I can't wait to get rid of my van. I've had it for six years. It's a Mazda MPV, and as far as vans go, it's great. It handles like a car. Unfortunately, we have four kids at home, so it'll probably be a few more years before I can get the car I really want. For now I'm looking into maybe a Honda Fit or a Toyota Yaris. I commute 40 minutes each way for work and it's just me and one child making the commute, so I could really use a little car that gets great gas mileage! It'll also be good for the weekends my husband has to drive 2.5 hours each way on Friday and again on Sunday so his two can visit their mom. The three of them and the kids stuff will fit just fine!

Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult. - Author Unknown
B
Koala
Koala
B
I just bought a new one and find it best for my family as I like the captains chairs for the kids in the back. I moved up from a 1993 Ford Aerostar to a 2003 Dodge Caravan Sport. Went from ebay motors to car dealership this time.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
Shark
Shark
ariel, won't it be so weird to switch to such a substantially smaller car? The journey I was talking about gets really good gas mileage, about 19mph in the city and 25 on the hwy. It's much smaller than a minivan but still pretty roomy on the inside.

*~*SwishyKid*~*
Gecko
Gecko
When you have more than a few kids, the lure of a mini-van is hard to resist. I used to have a sports car and loved the way it handled and parked. I shudder to think of what it would cost to drive it with today's prices. That car looked good and made me feel good in it, but when you have babies that need car seats interior size becomes very important and an aching back makes easy loading and unloading an issue.

I see DH and myself ditching the big van for a sporty model somewhere down the road just for fun, but for now mini vans with good gas mileage and lots of storage are more practical.

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I couldn't live without my mini-van right now. At least not unless I got some gas-guzzling SUV.

I have 3 kids (16, 10, 5) and they are all involved in school and sports. We need the room!

Now when my husband and I go out on dates, we use his car, it is a little sportier.

Maybe once the kids are all grown and driving (oh shudder) I can get a "me" car - but that's part of being a mom, you have to consider family.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa - Moms, Traci - Moms 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.