Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
E
Parakeet
Parakeet
E
Do you mean Gimli?

I tink Tolkien is timeless, but there are many similar authors now. The fact that he created a whole language shows what intellectual capacity he had. I read an autobiogry of him recently. It was quite amazing. Also C.S.Lewis, both were exceptional men, with extremly interesting lives, not what I expected them to have been like at all.

Nicola Jane Soen

Love is wisdom.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
yes definitely we now have many books on fantasy and scifi to choose from. Can you imagine living in the 1600s and only having the books they had back then? Think of the huge wealth of books we have available right now to us!

Christopher Lee was talking in an interview what it was like to be a reader back when the LOTR series was being released, that you had to wait eons in between books and that it was a hard thing to do. You read book 1 then had to wait to see what happened in book 2 ... sort of like us with the Harry Potter books smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
E
Parakeet
Parakeet
E
the scene where Boromir redeems himself is so sad, and honourable.

Nicola Jane Soen

Love is wisdom.

Shark
Shark
Gee, Lisa -- you're really good with quotes! I think it was nice of Aragorn to be so kind to Eowyn by pointing out to her that it would be pointless to pursue anything between them. That's one of the things I like about Aragorn; he is respectful of others and humble.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
And in the extended version, there is a definate connection between Faramir and Eowyn. I thought they made a lovely couple.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Megan, I agree - those were beautiful scenes and I do get a lump in my throat when I watch them.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

E
Parakeet
Parakeet
E
I could not live without books. I love the added bits at the end of Tolkiens, the bits he added at the end so you could find out what happened to legolas and gimli for example. His attention to detail was utterly amazing! one wonders how he lived in reality as well!

Nicola Jane Soen

Love is wisdom.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Yes he built an incredibly dense world, he had the languages mapped out, the history, everything smile

Aragorn really did have to say something to Arwen - she was standing in front of him saying "I love you". So he was letting her down gently, saying "I know you think you feel that way, but you barely know me, and my heart is taken."

I'm pretty sure the Faramir-Eowyn match is in the book, and it does seem very fitting.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
E
Parakeet
Parakeet
E
Yes He did. Well remebered! I had forgotten! blush smile

Nicola Jane Soen

Love is wisdom.

Shark
Shark
Besides the death of Boromir, I thought one of the other most moving parts in the movie was when Faramir was riding his steed toward Osgiliath and certain doom. It made tears well up in my eyes. He was so unloved by his father.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Gillian ClassicalMusic 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.