Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
C
Are you a morning person who misses sharing a cup of coffee with someone? Or a night person, who likes going out but find that dating can just be too expensive? There are certain times of the day that make being single feel more difficult. Sometimes you don't feel like having dinner on your own, and can't bear the thought of going on yet another ''let's get to know each other'' evening.
While there can be many things to love about being single (like the freedom to stay out as late as you want to, or, having more time for hobbies and personal interests), there may also be times when having all that ''free time'' can make you feel tired. What are some of the things you love/hate about being single?

Christyann Anderson
Single Life Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I'm not single now - but I was for 20 years between marriages. I hated waking up alone. I hated evenings and weekends alone. After 20 years of prolonged periods with no dating whatsoever it became difficult and I seemed to be the only one alone. Sex alone isn't much fun either :-) I hated being single when I had repairs to do in the house which needed two people. I didn't link being single when I travelled. It isn't very romantic to watch a sunset by yourself.

When I think about it there wasn't much I liked about being single. I did develop lots of hobbies and interests and I travelled and kept really busy but these activites just filled the space I wanted for a relationship.

Felicity
Deafness
C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
I've been single for many years, and without a SO for 3. I really love being single and never want to have a man living with me again! It was a tricky thing keeping my sweetie happy but not letting him move in, which he wanted to do very much. But I always knew that if he lived with me we would soon get on each other's nerves and come to a parting of the ways. We had 17 happy years until he died 3 years ago and I miss him every day, but have no desire to go looking for a replacement. He was one-of-a-kind!

I LIKE being alone, I LIKE waking up when I feel like it , eating whatever I want whenever I want to. I really like not having to clean up after someone else...been there, done that TOO much! I love travelling alone and I do a lot of it; I can start out as early as I like, stop to see whatever I want to, and never having to watch what I say or do to satisfy someone else.
Some of us are just meant to live alone, I guess!

I love being single on major holidays because you dont have the obligation of buying gifts (I'm not cheap, I'd just rather not spend my money on something thats not for me). I love being single when I see my boys getting into arguments or getting calls to "check up on them".

I hate being single when I feel like f*cking someone and I have to go hunting instead of calling up my girl and asking her to come over.

I'm as cool as the other side of the pillow.
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I'm so set in my own ways, i don't thing i would like living with anyone. I like coming and going as i please and not having to answer to any one. even when i was with my girlfriend i was always sending her home(which was just 4 doors away) but she would always say she was glad she had a home to go to. if i was to get into another relationship it would be a wine n dine me than bring me home lol. I like living alone
Rosie

Rosie L
R
Gecko
Gecko
R
I am a loner, too. I don't think I would want to stop myself in the middle of something I was doing to attend to someone else's needs.

Until I do - I know better than try to have someone in my life.

O
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
O
It's all a state of mind, while some people need to be with someone else, others enjoy being at peace with themselves. I, for one, love being single. Aside from going and coming whenever you want (without having to tell someone else or even excuse yourself, mind you), it is really nice to do things your way without having someone criticize you. If there's a mess or chores that haven't been done there's no one to be mad at but oneself; no bickering about who did the mess and who should clean it up.

Sigh...reminds me of Virginia Wolf's "A Room of One's Own"

W
Shark
Shark
W
I hated dating when I was single.

WestCoastDenise
West Coast Travel Site & Forum

D
Shark
Shark
D
You are so right, dating was horrible. Almost all the time I'd get so anxious I wanted to puke. I'd think why did I say Yes to this date. Then I'd drink too much. (I was just trying to make him look better.)

M
M
I'm not single now i love dating.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cy_Single_Life 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.