Next Thread
Print Thread
#381288 02/25/08 11:09 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I love multigrain pastas - I find they taste delicious and their nutrition is usually SO much better than the stripped-out white pastas.

Here's my review of Barilla Plus rotini - which we really enjoy -

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
E
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
E
I find the whole wheat pasta a bit heavy for some sauces (white clam sauce in particular) but love the brown rice pasta. It's available at Trader Joe's in a variety of shapes. Yum...

Evanne

Evanne - RV Editor
RV Site

Enjoy my online cooking class on wheels...it's delicious!!
RV Cooking Show
E
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
E
I just checked my filming schedule and the upcoming RV Cooking Show is Sesame Pasta - I like to call it peanut butter pasta - using brown rice fusilli. It's scheduled to be posted online on Thursday, the 28th.

My husband, the official tester, can't wait!

Evanne

Last edited by Evanne_RV_Editor; 02/25/08 11:25 PM.

Evanne - RV Editor
RV Site

Enjoy my online cooking class on wheels...it's delicious!!
RV Cooking Show
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Does whole wheat affect someone who is allergic to wheat the same way that refined wheat would?

I'm curious, as refined carbs tend to really upset my digestive system. Yet last week I tried this healthy brownie, and it had whole wheat in it, and I felt really good after eating it.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
A *ton* of low carbers realize they had wheat allergies once they stop eating wheat and feel so much better. It's actually very common to have wheat allergies!!

I have a page on it here -

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Great article Lisa! My own doctor didn't even explain it to me that well LOL!

I guess I'll have to go on the one week elimination diet to see if there is a difference.

I had a food allergy test last year, but it pretty much said I was allergic to everything - rice, corn, wheat, chicken, turkey and fish.

So, guess it's beef and potatos for me HA HA HA!

Actually, I don't think the food tests can be that accurate. I've heard that if someone tests they are allergic to everything, they really just need to find the couple of main things they are allergic to, and that will be most helpful.

Hmmmm... I guess I should visit the allergy forum.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Thanks, I'm glad I was a help!

A lot of allergies comes down to what you are willing to tolerate. For example I am allergic to cats. I know it - my face starts to get red and itch if I lay down on the blanket the cats hang out on. But I still own cats, and love them. I'm happy to deal with an itchy face in return for having cats.

So I know many people who are allergic to a variety of foods and eat them anyway. So they bloat a little, they like the flavor of them smile It's all about what you can live with in return.

But yes definitely try going without any wheat or grain products for a week. That means pretty much no processed foods. Once the week has passed, eat just gluten free products for a few days. See how you do! If you don't have any stomach problems then you know it's a gluten issue, and you can use gluten free products. there's a fair number of them out there now. Gluten allergies are relatively common.

Low Carb Forum

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.