Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Oh I *love* the cave troll line!! I always smile every time I hear it, it is JUST perfect smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
I loved it when Gimli thrust his head up out of the snow on the Misty Mountain and said "We should go through the mines of Moria!" Adorable.

Remember that moment when Elrond called the meeting and the fellowship was formed? And Gimli said, "I'd rather be dead than see the ring in the hands of an elf!"? Well, we somehow noticed that Gimli actually spewed saliva during that encounter -- we took a closer look and were able to catch it in slow motion! What acting!

Deanna -- I know what you mean when a good quote is wasted on a non-fan. Very sad.

E
Parakeet
Parakeet
E
Yep quotes are fun. Especially over something special, My Precious!
Or lost 'It came to me..........its my present LOL!! smile

Nicola Jane Soen

Love is wisdom.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I love those quotes too!

I also loved in the Two Towers, where Aragorn and Gimli sneak outside of Helms Deep to come up behind the orcs. Aragorn says it's quite a jump and Gimli says "You'll have to toss me.... ugh... don't tell the elf." My husband and I laughed so hard!!!!

My hubby will once in a while quote "Certainty of death, small chance of success.. what are we waiting for."

HA HA!!!!

Okay... I'm such an LoTR geek, I'm looking forward to checking this thread all day long! HA HA HA!! It's the first LoTR conversation I've had in days!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
All right everyone! It's been over 30 minutes! Where is the Lord of the Rings Adulations????

Do I have to post more Gimli quotes?

I've tried to talk our kids into naming our new dog "Frodo." She's a little chihuahua mix - and the name seems perfect for her, except for the fact that she's a little girlie. Oh well! Galadriel just a little too much for such a tiny cutie-pie of a dog.

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

E
Parakeet
Parakeet
E
Ok. I thought the bit in Two Towers where Gollum and Smeagol are having a conversation was so sad I cried! He tried so hard, and it was so pathetic to watch.
Also when Gandalf says 'Nobody who lives through hard times wants to live in them, but each makes the desicion how to live through them.' smile With all the hassle in this world, that catches my throat when I hear it.

Nicola Jane Soen

Love is wisdom.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Hi Nicola Jane, I totally agree. Those were both really beautiful scenes.

I loved in the Two Towers at the end when Frodo tried to walk up to the Ring Wraith and hand him the ring, and Sam tackled him to save him. When Sam went into his speech about heroes I just wanted to cry.

I love the soundtracks to the LoTR movies too. The music is very moving.

Deanna Joseph

Shark
Shark
Ah, the soundtracks -- what georgeous music. One of the most memorable pieces of music for me was when Gandalf had just been lost to the Balrog and the fellowship had emerged from the mines. They were overcome with grief. To me, the music was grief personified.

Tiger
Tiger
Ok, another scene/quote that stands out for me is when they are in the underground city being chased by the demon. Everyone goes on across the bridge and Gandolf stays behind and bangs his staff into the bridge and screams "You shall not pass!" This moment is very moving for me and gives me chills every time.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
That is a great scene. From the moment the goblins start coming after them I'm on the edge of my seat. Remember when that troll whacked Frodo and everyone thought he was dead? The whole chase scene is just remarkable.

One of my favorite pieces of music is in the Two Towers, when Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli enter the castle and the King is slouched on his throne. When Gandalf breaks the spell and the King remembers where he is --- I LOVE that music.

I also love in Return of the King when Sam and Frodo are laying on that desolate hill on their way to Mount Doom. Sam says something about it being springtime in the Shire, and the first of the strawberries should be coming in. Frodo says that he can't see anything... he's naked and alone in the darkness. When Sam says he may not be able to carry the ring, but he can carry Frodo - I LOVE that music too!

Deanna Joseph

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Gillian ClassicalMusic 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.