Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
OP Offline
K
Full disclosure: I'm a big Hillary fan. laugh

I've been worried about how tough the media's been on Hillary throughout the whole presidential campaign, so I started this blog: Little-Known Facts About Hillary Clinton, targeted to those who might like a more human perspective of Hillary.

I'd love it if you'd drop by and join me.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
From Australian media it looks to us as if there are no front runners in the Republican camp to Hillary and Obama. And we've heard it expressed quite a few times that if Obama is chosen as the Democrat candidate then the Republicans will come out in force to make sure he doesn't win. Whereas if Hillary gets chosen the Deomcrats are likely to win.

Felicity
Deafness
K
Amoeba
Amoeba
K
Last night on BBC America, it was clearly stated that McCain could take Hillary if it came down to the two of them running for office. Likewise, McCain is a front runner for the nomination and Huckabee would make an excellent running mate.

Personally, after reading Obama's campaign site, I would not vote for him if he gets the nomination. His ideas on education and the loan process are not well thought out. Likewise, I do not want to pay for infant thru 4 year old "school" as that is called "daycare" - I won't be sending my child to daycare, why would I want to pay for it? Maybe I missread his platform - if someone can explain it to me better - fine. Basically, giving all my money to programs that help "the less fortunate" would make me one of the "less fortunate"!

I think your site about Hillary is a great idea! Ever since her "I don't make cookies" speech she has not been a political favorite of mine. I felt as though she ticked off many stay at home moms with that statement. It would be a nice change to see her softer side!

Kirsten Olsen-Keyser
SF/Fantasy Movies
J
J
I think the media are on a personal crusade to give Hillary a lesson. They have been giving her a hard time since she was the first lady but she won't give them an inch. During the NY senate, they also bashed her but she pull through. They never like that she always gives them cold shoulder.

I think this time the media are determine to show Hillary that they have the power to be rockoned with. They will step up their assault and try to finish her off on Mar-4. It remains to be seen who will win this battle.

But yes, this election hasn't been a fair play. It's the same theme all over again. Woman has to work harder than man to get half the credit that she deserves.

Shark
Shark
Yep, the American media definitely are against Hillary. Last night on CBS Evening News, the new poll shows that she's behind either Obama or McCain or both in each category. It's flat-out ridiculous. I really can't stand the bias toward Obama I'm seeing everywhere. I didn't dislike him before, but I'm really starting to, for no other reason than the fact that he clearly is the darling of the media.

I really hope that Hillary kicks butt on March 4 in TX and OH, though according to the media, she's losing ground in both of those states all the time. I guess if they say that she's inferior enough, people will just all start to believe it like the sheep they are and jump to Obama or McCain. Yikes. What a sad state of affairs it is to have such a "wonderful" country that gives a legitimate female presidential candidate such an incredibly hard time!

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Wait - some of you are saying that the Republicans are afraid of Obama and will come out in fierce anger to take him down. Others of you are saying the Republicans are afraid of Hilary and will do the same.

I don't really get a sense that the Republicans are "afraid" of either one in particular - just that they think they will win. Does anybody have any backing for either of the fear theories?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
J
J
Republican criticizes Media

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

be serious kangaroo. Are you spamming for hillary? all this propaganda is really over the top its like your running a viral marketing campaign to rally votes

I admit I do not keep up to current on all the goings on with the candidates, Lisa, but I have not heard that the Republicans fear much of anything now that McCain is coming out strong.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
N
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
N
I do keep up with politics to a fault. This week I'm going cold turkey because I've become obsessed with the primary. But to the question at hand: Actually, the republicans, even though they are a fractured party right now (John McCain was not the base of the party's nominee), they would prefer Hillary because bringing her down is something they can all agree on. People would come out not to vote for Mccain but to vote against Hillary. It would give the party the lift they needed. I've heard a lot of republicans who don't like McCain say they might sit on their hands and not vote with a McCain vs Obama, but they would crawl across glass to get the chance to vote against Hillary (a Clinton). I don't know it they would keep their word and really not vote, but that's the word on the street.

Last edited by Nina - Siblings; 03/08/08 03:34 PM.

Nina Guilbeau
Siblings Editor
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.