logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
In honour of Valentine's Day, I wrote a piece on the top romance movie couples, narrowed down to 14. It was hard to decide as there are many great flicks out there. The picks may be numbered for easy reading sake but are not in any special order beyond that. Parts one and two are already available onsite and the final part will be available on Tuesday. I tried to pick a variety of movies - comedy, tragedy and inbetween, old classics and more current faves. What do you think of my picks? Agree? Disagree? Who would your 14 picks be?

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by Colleen_romancemovies; 03/25/08 08:00 PM.

Colleen Farrell
Romance Movies Site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
I like some of your picks, but how can you forget When Sally Met Harry? It's the perfect "made for each other" scenario.

Those two went through a lot to get the point of accepting and loving each other. I love that movie. smile

My Blog

Deal with yourself as an individual worthy of respect and make everyone else deal with you the same way.
~Nikki Giovanni~
Tiger
Tiger
Debra Winger and Richard Gere were my first thought and I see you have them there. I didn't recognize the big easy.

I would probably also include
Julia Roberts/Richard Gere
Meryl Streep/Kevin Klien
Emma Thompson/Kenneth Brannaugh
Sandra Bullock/Keanu Reeves

Meryl Streep and Kevin Klein? What movie did they do together? I forgot about Julia Roberts and Richard Gere. Yes, a great romantic couple!

My Blog

Deal with yourself as an individual worthy of respect and make everyone else deal with you the same way.
~Nikki Giovanni~
Tiger
Tiger
Sophie's Choice. One of my favorite movies.

I never saw that movie. I might have to rent it for a rare movie marathon.

My Blog

~Nikki Giovanni~
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted By: Nnairdas
I like some of your picks, but how can you forget When Sally Met Harry? It's the perfect "made for each other" scenario.

Those two went through a lot to get the point of accepting and loving each other. I love that movie. smile

Didn't think of it when I was making up my list, maybe because all I remember of the movie is the famous restaurant scene. Also, Billy Crystal is ok but not someone I think of when it comes to romance smile

Kenneth B and Emma T were in the list for "Dead Again" and "Much Ado...", likewise Keanu and Sandra but I did have to narrow it down! smile I was trying for a mix of older and more current, lesser known and better known. I also hoped to introduce readers to movies they hadn't considered or maybe even heard of before. Someone mentioned "The Big Easy" as being unknown to her, yet many remember it as one of Dennis Quaid's best films from the 80s.

Last edited by Colleen_romancemovies; 03/04/08 10:46 PM.

Colleen Farrell
Romance Movies Site

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:59 AM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:15 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.