logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I love the combination of a smokey eye and a pale lip.

I use a eyeliner twist-up stick. I've found that the pencil is too pointy and the wet stuff slides right off. LOL
I apply more to the outside of my eye. I also apply a pretty thick layer, which I then smudge lightly with my finger to get a smoky look. It lasts all day, which is awesome.

I have eyeliner in black, deep purple, and an awesome shade of green to bring out my brown eyes.

I use a light powder on my face and usually end up wearing Burt's Bees Chaptstick on my lips.

View my store @ BigBeautifulButterfly.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Hi Sabri,

Thanks for the great question! This is a popular one. Okay, first things first. Liquid eyeliner is one of the trickiest things to master in make up, so the number one thing you need is good eyeliner. My number one recommendation by leaps and bounds is Lancome Artliner. You can find it at Lancome.com or most department stores.

It is available in 11 shades, which is great. It has a pointed felt tip, that never drips which is perfect for application. Elle and freebubbles have some good tips. If you want a more dramatic look and want to make it easier on yourself, draw a line with a kohl liner first. Use a kohl liner because it goes on very smooth. Propping the elbow is also good if you are shaky, and if you apply your make up seated.

Other than that, practice, practice, practice. I do not use one stroke. It leaves too much margin for error. I start around the middle of my eye, with eyes closed. I visualize how I want the line to look and draw out, then I start at the inner corner and draw a line to meet in the middle. I find this makes it so much easier.

One last thing, Never pull one the eye. You will cause wrinkles.

Let me know how you make out.

Rebekah Mack Bono
Beck's Lavender Boutique
F
F
hi Rebekah,

Welcome to in our forum,it's really great having someone whose expert in this field .

I have a question, Rebekah which colour of eyeliner do you prefer on blue eyes, I usually use black and sometimes I use brown or navy blue but I always wonder what could be nicer...

Thanks.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Any shade of gray is stunning on blue eyes! I also love gray eye shadow on blue eyes. NARS cosmetics makes a duo called "Sandra" that is lovely.

Give it a try and tell me what you think.

Rebekah Mack Bono
Beck's Lavender Boutique
Koala
Koala
I have blue eyes that go from dark blue almost black to ice blue. I have always wore brown eyeshadows or a mauve with think black eyeliner. I havent found a gray that shows up...what is NARS? I havent heard of them before. I hate the black eyeliner because i am blonde and it stickes out but I hate the blue and green liners because i feel like bozo the clown.... its just too much.....color? i dont know...the blues never work becuse my eyes change shades with every thought i have i think! and the green just makes my eyes look moldy? I have worn the browns but they dont show up either. I would love to find a dark gray liqued liner that shows up.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Wow! It sounds like you have incredible eyes! Do you mean a silver/gray eye shadow that shows up or a gray eyeliner that shows up? NARS is an incredible brand similar to MAC. The duo that I recommended is light, however, subtle is good.

Here is a link to NARS website. If you scroll down two thirds and look on the right, you will see the "Sandra" It is a shimmer. I have had mine over a year, and yes, it is okay to use eye shadow that long.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by Rebekah-CosmeticsEditor; 11/05/07 07:50 PM.

Rebekah Mack Bono
Beck's Lavender Boutique
S
S
here's good advice
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

S
Amoeba
Amoeba
S
I will definitely try it. Thanks for it.

Last edited by sean009; 02/09/08 12:10 PM.
Tiger
Tiger
Originally Posted By: elle Fiction Ed
One great technique I found is to first line your eyes with kohl pencil which is easier to apply. Then when you apply the liquid eyeliner you have a guideline, and also it doesn't show up any wobbles.

What a great idea. I have practiced and practiced and it always looks hideous. I will definitely try this this weekend.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.