logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
LisaMc Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Some of my clients have had pretty strong opinions about working with temp agencies. There are definitely pros and cons to weigh with this job search strategy. The latest article at the Unemployment Site takes a look at some of the benefits of working with a temp agency.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
Gecko
Gecko
R
Lisa,

Great article. Your #3 "point" is exactly how we approach some of our hiring needs at my office. We use the temporary agency to fill our immediate needs and if the person is a good fit then we offer them the position. We do have to pay a fee this way but we have found that it is definitely a fee worth paying.

C
Shark
Shark
C
I would. It seems like a good way to try out different types of businesses before you commit to one--not to mention different office "cultures."

When I managed an office, I used a temp agency. More than once, we hired an outstanding temp when an opening arose. We got some good people that way.

cela
F
F
I have indeed worked for Temp Agencies - the best part was being asked if I wanted to work the next day & turning them down because I wanted the day off! Tell me another job that I could do that with & I`ll consider it!

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I have worked for temp agencies when in a pinch. I just recently worked for a one year contract at a major company. They never would give me a straight answer as to whether they would hire me on or not until the last 2 or 3 weeks I was there. That really hurt but I had a solid year of experience in my position and now I have people interviewing me left and right for positions. I have 3 jobs I am considering now. I would work for a temp agency again. It was worth getting the experience.

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.