logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 24 25
L
L
Hello everyone

How is everyone doing? I have lost 3 pounds. I will take them but I had hoped for more. 5 years ago when I did this I lost 7 the first week and the weight just fell off for the first 6 weeks. I am not going to give up, I have to lose this weight. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

^*^*^*Lolly^*^*^*^

You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a big stick!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
B
Hi Lolly,

I am experiencing the same thing as you. I lost 4 lbs. However, I did not do the induction. For breakfast I have a 200 calorie whey protein shake, a spinach salad with chicken for lunch and low carb salad dressing; and meat and vegetable for dinner. I have been having 4 oz of low carb ice cream with a cup of fresh strawberries at night. I will eventually cut this out but I am weaning myself slowly. I am reducing my daily carbs and trying not to eat sugar. I was only able to walk a few times this week. If I can get out more, it may help my weight loss.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
My update - I went for a hike yesterday and had a one hour walk/jog in front of the TV today (CSI of course). Still don't have a treadmill but I did get some high impact flooring mats to jog on (so I don't get shin splints). I still need decent shoes - I keep using berkenstocks to run in. Foolish, yes, I know. :-)

I also signed up for the online Momentum Fitness program. There is a special for people involved in the Flylady program, so I used that for a discount.

Jilly #375484 02/13/08 06:47 PM
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Great job Jilly!! I am up to almost 30 minutes on my bike riding, in three 10 minute segments. I am so proud of myself, back when I began a week or two ago I could barely ride for 3 minutes straight!! It really does get easier as you go.

We've just about hit the two week mark! Everyone should post how much weight they've lost so far, and any challenges they face that we can help out with!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Zebra
Zebra
Way to go, ladies!

Yes, Jilly, you need shoes! LOL--I love Birkies but not for running! BTW, toe raises are almost a miracle cure for shin splints if you do get them. When you're sitting or standing, just lift up your toes. You'll feel a stretch in the front of your legs and your shin splints will go away fast. And, it's a good stretch for when you're just sitting at your desk or on the couch.

Lisa, that's great progress on building up your endurance on the bike!

I think I lost 5 pounds. My scale died so I had to buy another one today. I'm not sure if they weigh the same. But if so, then 5 pounds.

I am going to my 4th yoga class tonight. I cannot believe how much I am liking it. I know the stress relief is great and a big part, but also, I'm using new muscles. And, I walk all the time and infrequently lift weights or do other strength exercises, so that was surprising to me, but I can feel it a tiny bit of soreness pretty much all over. And, it seems much better for my neck & shoulders (which I always manage to irritate with weights).

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Oooo Deb great news on the five pounds!! Congratulations!

I've always wanted to try yoga. I just don't have any time to do it. What I *should* do is get a Yoga DVD and give it a try here. I hear from everybody that it's really good for you and relaxing. I could use some relaxing smile It is great that it is working out well for you!

For now though the bike is working out REALLY well. I've been working on watching the various Jane Austen movies to document them all for my website, so if I'm going to be sitting there anyway I might as well be productive at the same time. And it really is much easier for me to do exercise if I'm being distracted while I do it smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
L
L
Hi Folks

Well, I am pleased to say I have lost 5 pounds so far. I would kill for a pizza but other than that I am doing good! It's funny, I don't eat pizza too often when I am not low carbing it. I guess it's mind over matter. I know I shouldn't have it so I want it. I have gone to the health club 5 times these past 2 weeks.

^*^*^*Lolly^*^*^*^

You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a big stick!
Gecko
Gecko
Hi Losers!

I lost 12 on induction from the 31st until last Friday night when we had a "Carbo Load" dinner for the crew team. With the tiniest bit of spaghetti and a scone, I gained 4 back. So I've lost 8 total.
Now it's back to lower carbs, all vegetables and fruits, lower fat proteins, and "good" fats. Watching out for white foods. Bread is rough, rice is brown or wild, and legumes do it for me. I think of this as the long-haul plan, and once the whole family settles into it, we do very well.

Good luck everybody,
Mrylln

S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S
Hello, everybody. I must admit it's a little difficult being low carb around Valentine's Day but I'm hanging in there and have lost about 3 pounds since I joined the biggest loser challenge. Something that has really helped me is starting to use my heartrate monitor again while I exercise. I didn't use it for at least a year because my muscles ached all the time from hypothyroidism. I didn't know I had it and I definitely didn't feel like exerting myself. Now I'm feeling good and wearing my heartrate monitor. It forces me to get in my fat-burning zone for at least 20 minutes, three times a week. I definitely don't push myself as hard without the heartrate monitor. To figure out your target heartrate, take (220-your age) and multiply that figure by 80 percent. That's your target heartrate. As an example, someone 30 years old would have 220-30=190 X 80 percent=152. You can find a good, basic heartrate monitor for about $40-$50. It's definitely a good investment. But if you're not a regular exerciser, be sure and start out slowly. Even if you can do 8 minutes to start, by adding just one minute a week, by the end of a year, you'd be up to 1 hour.

Sheree Welshimer
Allergies and Colds
Allergies and Colds Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Thanks Deb and Lisa. :-) Here is my workout update: (all walking/jogging in front of the TV) Sunday, one hour; Monday 35 minutes; Tues 2 hours and 40 minutes, Wed (today) 1 hour.

And yes I still need decent shoes.

But in good news I got a haircut and color today. I feel happy about that because it's been about six months since I paid any attention at all to what I look like. This is a good sign. (watching Look Ten Years Younger is shaming me).

Page 5 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 24 25

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.