logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Originally Posted By: GreyDrakkon
Trisharoni, have you tried reading any of Patricia Brigg's paranormal books? Everyone who's read Hamilton's stuff (but got tired of it turning into smut without any plot) LOVES Brigg's Mercy series. Moon Called, Blood Bound, and Iron Kissed are the three that are out so far.

Thanks for the tip! I still struggle through a lot of the smut (I love the characters and there's still some semblance of character development...) but have been looking elsewhere for a new series. I'll have to try those. I still need to read the series about population police Lynette suggested, but haven't had much free time recently. I tend to spend a lot of the extra time I have on the computer for some reason...

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
Koala
try Karen Marie Moning books she has the highlander series that is romance with a little smut thrown in for spice but alot of Highland Scottland history and adventure paranormal stuff. then the Fever series is a series all of its own but it kind of builds off of the other one. It you love Faeries these are your books! KMM does not build the fae up like tinkerbell or the pretty little bitty fae of farie tales the fae in the highlander series are behind the vail so most humans cant see them as they walk around among us. it the fever series they are more dark and some what evil in nature but I think there will be a turning point where the good fae come into play.... It is a great read! the fever series is not really a romance per se but there is that element there so it could turn into one....somewhere down the line.

anyways just thought i would throw that out there!

K
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
K
I don't exactly advertise that I am editor of this site either...

Kim

Kim Kenney
MNK Editor

Kim Kenney
BellaOnline Museums Editor
My Museum Ebooks

"Seek those who find your road agreeable, your personality and mind stimulating, your philosophy acceptable, and your experiences helpful. Let those who do not, seek their own kind." -Jean-Henri Fabre
A
Shark
Shark
A
Really Kim?

I have to say I am surprised at that.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I think the editors of these forums are regular people with other jobs - they do this in their spare time and probably aren't compensated. Just because Kim is the editor of our CF forum doesn't mean she wants to trumpet her CF-ness to her employer or other people in her life, just like most of us. I totally understand.

Kim, how do people become editors here?

D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
Originally Posted By: Duane_Va
DW knows I hang out here -- but that's it. No one else does, because of the nature of topics that are discussed here. It is the being anonymous, yet being among friends kind of atmosphere. Hard to describe, but if you are reading this, you know what it is...

I totally understand, Duane. My fiance knows that I am practically addicted to this forum, and he likes to hear about what has been discussed. But I feel like telling other people in RL about this forum would be a terrible exposure, and somehow sully my secret happy place.

My maternal clock must be digital - because there's certainly no ticking!
A
Shark
Shark
A
Thanks Trish. I guess it didn't occur to me that maybe Kim had another job. Sorry Kim!

Well, now I'm not surprised anymore. smile

L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
I've mentioned it to my fiance and my mother. At first my fiance thought I was going a little overboard, but he soon realized that if I don't vent here, I'll vent to him....in great detail. My mom just hopes I'm going through a phase.

K
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
K
Yes, I do have a real job. I am a museum curator, which doesn't always lend itself to being "child free."

All of the editors at BellaOnline are volunteers, and most of us have other jobs we do full time. That's why I don't post in the forum as often as I'd like, and sometimes I get so busy I don't have time to write as many articles as I should! I work full time, M-F, with lots of weekend and evening commitments as well. The only actual money I make from doing this is from the sale of my ebooks.

I am also a freelance writer and graphic designer, so I have irons in LOTS of fires.

It isn't always appropriate for me to make a big deal of my status as Married No Kids editor. I am also the Museums editor here, and while that is on my resume, MNK is not.

Kim

Kim Kenney
MNK Editor

Last edited by kimkenney; 02/17/08 05:24 PM.

Kim Kenney
BellaOnline Museums Editor
My Museum Ebooks

"Seek those who find your road agreeable, your personality and mind stimulating, your philosophy acceptable, and your experiences helpful. Let those who do not, seek their own kind." -Jean-Henri Fabre
C
Gecko
Gecko
C
Originally Posted By: GreyDrakkon
Trisharoni, have you tried reading any of Patricia Brigg's paranormal books? Everyone who's read Hamilton's stuff (but got tired of it turning into smut without any plot) LOVES Brigg's Mercy series. Moon Called, Blood Bound, and Iron Kissed are the three that are out so far.

Oh! I just found Patricia Briggs and I enjoyed Moon Called very much. I bought Blood Bound, but i haven't read it yet. I used to love LKH too, but the books took a wrong turn for me after Blue Moon. (I love Richard. LKH done him wrong!) wink

I'm one of the reading mods on the Cherry Forums:
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by Cherry Red; 02/27/08 01:01 AM.

"The world might be considerably poorer if the great writers had exchanged their books for children of flesh and blood." ~Virginia Woolfe
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.