Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
F
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
F
Had to share this, because it made me very grateful to be CF. It's written by a woman who had a child through sperm donor because she hadn't found Mr. Right. Now, her theory is she was way too picky, and should have just picked someone who could help with the baby and money.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by frieda7; 02/12/08 07:35 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
Shark
Shark
K
What a load of claptrap. Methinks the author protests too much and is merely trying to justify her sad little life. She does go on, and on, and on...

I particularly enjoyed the generalisation that, deep down, every woman longs for "the traditional life" of marrige and children - and if she doesn't admit it, it's only a feminist front: "all I can say is, if you say you�re not worried [about being 30 and unmarried], either you�re in denial or you�re lying.In fact, take a good look in the mirror and try to convince yourself that you�re not worried, because you�ll see how silly your face looks when you�re being disingenuous."

God, this stuff is so depressing. The suffragettes and their feminist successors must be rolling over in their graves, and the men who read the article considering celibacy or gay love in a whole new light.

Thanks for sharing this, Frieda!

The emperor has no clothes. Choose The Childfree Life!
A
Shark
Shark
A
Wow, every heterosexual woman wants to be married and have a baby?

Every single one. And if they don't they are lying.

What a load of BS! She should thought about what dating was like before she went to the sperm bank. But, nooooooooooo, I want a babeeeeeee, and that was a good enough reason.

You know, some women didn't settle, got married and still didn't want a child. If you don't have children you do more than pass each other in the hall, you know.

Sheesh, I hope no poor guy falls into her trap. (Though with her aging 10 years in 10 months, I don't think many will find her all that appealing)

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
"Even women who settle but end up divorced might be in a better position than those of us who became mothers on our own, because many ex-wives get both child-support payments and a free night off when the kids go to Dad�s house for a sleepover."

Eek. This woman sounds mentally ill. I didn't settle, and "having the potential to be a good father" wasn't even on my list. Maybe that's her problem.

K
Shark
Shark
K
Originally Posted By: Trisharoni
"Even women who settle but end up divorced might be in a better position than those of us who became mothers on our own, because many ex-wives get both child-support payments and a free night off when the kids go to Dad�s house for a sleepover."

So the woman's better off, but how about the kids she married the wrong guy for just to create?!

the only thing i want to parent is my great dane!
L
Koala
Koala
L
This makes me hate people.

R
Gecko
Gecko
R
And.......how many fathers DON'T pay child support and how many ex-husbands DON'T take the kids off her hands once in a while?

She could have adopted OR even participated in a foster program.

M
Gecko
Gecko
M
The assumption made in the Article is that all women want to get married to have children - I disagree with this assumption therefore the reasoning in the article is flawed IMO...
Some women want to get married, others prefer to remain single, some marry and choose not to have children, some marry and have children and others remain single and have children or go to sperm banks...
Conclusion: We are all different, what's so difficult about that?
It's accepted that men are all different and not just fathers-in-waiting...or fathers-in-denial...
I wonder what she'd say about the young couples on this site that have opted for sterilization...argue your way out of that one!

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I just posted this on my sisters facebook - she and I tend to find things like this and wind each other up.

I wrote this under the URL

"That's right.. don't worry if he is a wife beater, a peadophile - who cares if he has bad BO and you don't find him physically attractive? Who cares if you can't hold a decent conversation with him... he's male and he has sperm - that's all we care about, remember?"

L
Koala
Koala
L
It took women so long to claw their way out of the home. How come so many want to claw their way back in?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.