Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#373175 02/06/08 09:26 PM
T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
Yes, this is the question that I was asked, by a friend of my boyfriend's, at a super bowl party on Sunday.

When I replied in the affirmative (none of your f-ing business came to mind, but I restrained myself for my boyfriend's sake) he then said, "What would you do if (my boyfriend) switched your pills for breath mints?"

at which point, my sweet boyfriend intervened before I could pounce on him by simply saying "we don't want kids". (Met with gasps and WHY NOT?s and the like, of course.)

This person is a stranger to me. We've socialized a total, including Sunday, of three times. And he is asking about my contraceptive choices! I suppose he's entitled to, since he just became a daddy. I was shocked and [censored] at the rudeness, but more so because questions like that are just the NORM. Somehow, it's become universally acceptable to pick apart people who don't want kids.

I am getting all angry again, so I"m going to stop ranting. Just wanted to share this with you guys, I know you'll "get it"!!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
O_O My response to that question would be "I would kill him by reaching down his throat and tearing off his testicles." That anyone could even THINK of "replacing the pills with breath mints" I view that as a supreme violation of the body, akin to rape. (and yes, I view it the same way when a woman pulls an "oops" on a boyfriend/mate just so she can itch that baby disease)

K
Shark
Shark
K
Originally Posted By: TheBlonde135

he then said, "What would you do if (my boyfriend) switched your pills for breath mints?"

Did you ask him if that's how HE became a daddy?! What a jerk.

the only thing i want to parent is my great dane!
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
Unfortunately I tend to freeze up in shock with crazy things like that are said to me.

I think I would have needed to be restrained from punching the guy in the face though!

I can see why you're still angry about it. I would be too.

My maternal clock must be digital - because there's certainly no ticking!
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
After my ex-husband left me on the heels of me discovering the affair he was having and returned to Mother England, I discovered that he was planning on doing just this.

I found emails from his Mother and someone on an immigration board advising him to get me pregnant with an anchor child then no matter what happened to our marriage, he would have a right to stay in the US.

I even found where his Mother sent him baby aspirin from the US that looked just like my birth control pills. My pills are NOT the same color as the baby aspirin here in the states.

Luckily he hadn't gotten around to it.

As far as someone asking a question like that, I don't care whose friend he is, I would have told him I thought it was a crass question.

Gecko
Gecko
Ahhhh, life in the 20's, I remember it well...

You won't have this kind of monkey sh!t in your 30s, so you can at least look forward to aging a little in grace.

"Men and women think that it is necessary to have children. It is not. It is their animal nature and social custom, rather than reason, which makes them believe that this is a necessity." --Democritus
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I would have said

'Well, the first time I would have known is when I missed a period, realised I was pregnant.... at which point I would kill the baby and get on with my life, why? what would you do?'

That's the thing.. morons like that assume that when the woman is pregnant, she'll keep it... sorry, but even if something like that DID happen.. the woman still has the choice not to go through with the pregnancy....

Thankfully my boyfriend is not that stupid, sounds like yours isn't either!

L
Koala
Koala
L
Um, wouldn't a woman notice if she was taking breath mints instead of the little pills that come in the special foil wrapper? Seriously, are there people who fall for this? I mean, they don't come out of an aspirin bottle or something!

Parakeet
Parakeet
Exactly. Inappropriateness of the question aside, my pills come in a little card where you push them through the foil individually each day, and it would be pretty evident if they were tampered with...

Originally Posted By: lngilbert
Um, wouldn't a woman notice if she was taking breath mints instead of the little pills that come in the special foil wrapper? Seriously, are there people who fall for this? I mean, they don't come out of an aspirin bottle or something!

Parakeet
Parakeet
I wouldn't imagine asking ANYONE that question. A question like that falls into the category of 'What is your favorite sexual position'. I wouldn't ask that of any friend, male or female.

But then I was taught to respect people's privacy. I guess some others, like those mentioned in this thread, just didn't go to tact class.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/27/24 08:14 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.