Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
Hi everyone. I just posted my latest article about kitchen design -BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Donna Coogan, C.I.D.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Zebra
Zebra
C
Thank you Donna, very good article! There are so many things to consider for a kitchen. My favorite kitchen feature is granite countertops. I have them in my kitchen now and when we build in a few years I want them again. Not only are they durable, but a beautiful work of natural art. I would also like to have walk-in pantry, mainly to keep small appliances out of the way.

FavoriteTraditions.com
Life's Special Moments
Koala
Koala
Oh lets see.... Cabinet space and lots of it and not that way up over your head so you cant see or reach anything and the right size to put things in and the door still shuts and you dont have to rearandge the whole shelve to get one thing!!! Counter space and lots of it!! a walk in Pantry with lots of shelves! a island, stanless still sink, refreg, oven, and OH I dishwasher that really cleans dishes!!!! laugh oh and I have alway wanted one of those sinks that faces anywhat way besides the wall even if there is a window in the wall I want to face inside my house so I can watch TV or talk to people!!! laugh oh and you know those what you call them that keep your wall from getting greeze and food on it that goes behind and around the oven and stove? I would love that!!

I want a new kitchen frown

D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
Thanks, Chloe - I'm glad you liked it. smile

I have lots of things on my kitchen wish-list.

- A hot water faucet over the stove for filling pots
- A water purifier system for my sink and fridge (ice!)
- A full size fridge and full size freezer in my kitchen
- 2 huge walk-in pantries - one for food and one for platters and extra dishes & cooking gadgets (like breadmakers, crockpots, etc.)
- Furniture style cabinetry
- Wooden floors
- A very very very very very quiet dishwasher
- High ceiling with beams or something to add more architectural interest
- An eat-in glass gazebo window seat area to see outside while I'm cooking; to visit with others or to write and sip some coffee or tea.
- A phone center to do bills and keep daily paperwork.
- Display space for my collection of teapots and pitchers
- Enough space for at least 3 people to move around and cook

Donna smile

Last edited by Donna Coogan; 02/16/08 04:01 PM.

Donna Coogan, C.I.D.

Shark
Shark
We renovated our kitchen ourselves about two years ago and it has many nice features -- lots of new cabinets, a fancy refrigerator, colorful countertops, a concealed trash and recycling bin, etc. We also have nice cushiony chairs because we spend a lot of time there. I really love the look and functionality of it.

But one thing that may be surprising is that I have come to appreciate the fact that my kitchen is rather small. When we are seated, we can turn around and reach in the refrigerator for ketchup if we need it. And if we want seconds, the stove is only two steps away. Plus, washing the floor is a cinch, since there is so little of it!

I guess it can be nice to have a big kitchen but for me, small is better!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.