logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 24 25
Gecko
Gecko
Hi Lynn:

You're the same height and weight as my mother was, and she was just sturdy, not huge.<G>

Planning is just that. You know what to do. I don't know what "plan" you're following, but COSTCO is my "go to" for most things.

I started yesterday, and true to form I want what I want now! So I started an Atkins induction type thing that I hope will last for the two weeks. I know if I don't cave, I will lose up to 20 pounds in that time. It's a wonderful thing for the impatient.

When I weighed this morning, I was 6.5 pounds down from the day before. I know this was all water, because I was peeing like a maniac all night. It's a starting point, because that water does not belong there. I take Lasix to help out with this, but I still plump up from time to time---especially when I give carbohydrates free rein in my diet---and it's good to lose excess. I could write a book on it, but I forget.<G> (That's how I manage to regain pounds.)

Yesterday was a Costco event. My husband had been there and bought lots of hard cheese, big roasts of meat, and a few greens. Yesterday was a pot roast, some eggs, some cheese, and a few string beans with Diet Lipton Green Tea. To my surprise, that big pot roast was gone by dark, and so today I have a pork roast in the oven. Today, I've eaten hard-boiled eggs, some cheese and celery and cream cheese.

My blood glucose, which is unruly, is a beautiful 80. Spot on. There are a lot of good reasons to stay focused on whatever plan you're on. The best one I can think of is that you won't feel like this.

Good luck,
Mrylln

Last edited by Mary_Ellen; 01/31/08 06:46 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Hello, i signed up too. I don't have a tremendous amount to lose, but on my frame, an extra 5-10 pounds makes a huge difference in how I look. I went off the Low Carb during my epic weeks-long move down the coast (I had enough things to worry about besides changing around every restaurant menu three times a day - which always annoys me).

I also was not working out daily as usual. I hate the way I look right now and am embarrassed to be seen. I know it's only my baggage, and that all bodies are beautiful, but it's harder to apply that rule to myself than I do to others.

In any case, I am hoping this can help keep me accountable and get back to being fit. :-)

Jilly #371346 01/31/08 07:06 PM
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
We've got 17 people participating in the challenge now, hurrah!! I know all of us will lose weight and become more healthy, with the support of our community. Post away either in this thread or in new threads if you want help with menu ideas, advice about menu combinations or anything else!!

Staying active is always a key part of any healthy lifestyle, so you keep those bones and muscles strong. Be sure to post away if you're feeling like you're not active enough and we'll give ideas!

Please remember to KEEP IT HEALTHY! If you're doing this as a new big diet change, chat with your doctor about it. The aim here is to lose weight slowly and steadily, so it can be kept off smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
T
T
Since it is not midnight yet, it is still January 31st and I will participate in the challenge. It appears that I am the only male. That said, I challenge all you ladies to a gender challenge in addition to The Biggest Loser. I am 6'2" and weigh 255 with a goal of getting under 200. Can't tell you my age but I will start collecting Social Security in 5 months. I accept this challenge!

L
L
HEEERRRREEE WEEEE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I am really excited about this. I have fool proofed my house, so I won't cave in at a weak moment. My hubby is cooperating, so all is well. I am not looking forward to the Super Bowl Party we go to every year. I love party food, but but I am sure there will be cheese and sausage there, and I am bringing deviled eggs. Good luck everyone, and THINK HEALTHY!!!

^*^*^*Lolly^*^*^*^

You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a big stick!
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Lollie - cleaning out your house is SO so important!! Give away all the junk food. I really find if there is junk food in my house I *will* eat it. It is much better to have it completely gone. If you have healthy snacks in the house, you will eat those healthy snacks. Get LOTS of water and keep it around. If it's there, you'll drink it. Water helps keep you full and helps you lose weight.

Don't worry about "bloating" on water. In reality, your body only clings to water if it thinks there is a drought going on. If you drink water regularly, your body feels there's no need to cling to it and it lets it go right in and out. So ironically the more water you drink, the less water you retain.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
M
M
Hi. I just joined the challenge, and I am very excited about it! I have being doing low carb since July 9 and have lost 78 lbs so far. I am hoping to lose another 35 lbs. I am 5'9" tall.

Good luck to all!

B
B
Congratulations on your weight loss so far and best wishes in your future loss as you continue on your way.

Gecko
Gecko
Wow, 78 pounds since July is wonderful. Congratulations. Only 1/3 left to go.

I'm do a 2-week induction to start, and it's interesting to be getting all those "diet" desires for meat and eggs, etc. out of the way.

I marked the calendar to underscore that this is only for a short time, and as a reminder to adapt and modify the carb count when the two weeks are up.

Day 3: 7.5 lbs. down

Sugar-Free Lime Jello and a little heavy cream waits for after dinner.

Otherwise, more eggs, meat, cheese, and celery. (And a few macadamias.)

It's not too bad. I already feel much lighter and my tummy is descending.

Toodles,
Mrylln

L
L
7.5! That's great!! I am down 2#. I also like Jello and cream, it's great when you are craving something sweet. I eat a few almonds too. I like the crunch. Yesterday I had some beef roast and a ceasar salad. I left the table satisfied.

Hang in there everyone, we can do this!!!

^*^*^*Lolly^*^*^*^

You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a big stick!
Page 3 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 24 25

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.