logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 25 1 2 3 4 24 25
L
L
Thanks for the encouragement! It seems everything is a challenge these days! One of the big problems is I recently got married. The marriage is not a problem, I am so happy I could burst at times. BUT he cooks, and he cooks good. He quit smoking about 5 months ago so he is eating more than usual too. He has never had a weight problem. I am trying to gently encourage him to cook healthier. He is big on sauces, frying and frying in butter yet!

^*^*^*Lolly^*^*^*^

You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a big stick!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Congratulations on getting married!

My boyfriend loves to cook too! Encourage your guy to cook cool, delicious dishes like filet mignon, asparagus, broiled chicken with lemon, etc. There are a ton of very fancy dishes that are fresh and natural. Tell him that sauces are cheating, that they hide the flavors. Challenge him to cook fresh and au natural which is the true challenge of a chef, to let the dish's true flavors shine through smile smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
L
L
Thanks Lisa. I printed up your food list for the first two weeks on a low carb diet and we are going shopping tomorrow. There are so many possibilities!

^*^*^*Lolly^*^*^*^

You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a big stick!
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Still a few days for others to chime in - send me an email via my contact form to join in!

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Gecko
Gecko
Hi Everyone,

I'm joining your challenge. I've always been heavy, and up and down...and I'm definitely happier down. I'm old enough that I can accept the "looking good" compliments.<G>

I've lost 50 lbs. since last June. And I don't remember how, but I do remember that I had to simplify and keep my mind on it.

I knew the holidays were gonna be trouble, and I was well-braced for them, but then I slipped. Now I'm up about 20 again and feel terrible.

I started low carbing yet again today. I find I cannot stay with anything radical---like induction---for long, but am willing and able to stay natural and low fat, sugar, white stuff in the long run.

There's plenty of hard cheese, meat and eggs in the house, and string beans and celery for a couple of days. I have some diet green tea and plenty of water, so I guess I'm set.

Hopefully, this strict low carb kick-off will get me back on track.

Good luck to everybody who's going for it,
Mrylln

Last edited by Mary_Ellen; 01/30/08 08:39 PM.
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I'm a contestant as well. My husband and I are both trying to lose weight and have been dieting since New Year's. We've both lost a few pounds but have faltered in the past week or so.

Our biggest challenge is staying on top of planning our meals. When we plan, we do so much better.

My weight is 177 lbs and am 5'2. I'm looking for all the support I can get and to give it as well.

Good luck everyone!

Lynn Little
Board Games
S
S
Hello Everybody,
My name is Susan and I have just signed up for the weight loss challenge. I am a 42 yr old single mother of 2. I have been on the low carb diet for a few months and lost 30 lbs but the weight loss just stopped. I know I need to excersize so I started working out 3 days ago and hope this challenge is what will motivate me to lose another 40lbs. I'm only 5'4 and 193 lbs. (please don't do the math) Good luck everybody!
Susan

Last edited by sueey2; 01/31/08 01:59 PM.
Zebra
Zebra
I just signed up. I want to lose at least 30 more pounds.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Hello
I'm Felicity from Australia. Does this count as signing up? or did I already do that when I emailed Lisa about it?
I want to lose the weight but don't want to do the losing! I don't feel motivated to spend any time at it. I know the right things to do but just can't seem to make myself do them.
I was 20 kgs lighter 9 years ago when we married. We are ecstatically happy, exceptionally busy and eat out a lot. Both of us are good cooks. I am a vegetarian (since birth) so eating out usually means there is less choice. I'm particularly picky about fresh fruit and veg. They must be excellent quality otherwise I'm not interested.
I'm going through a heavy menopause for more than 8 years now. I've been off HRT for about 3 years and this means it's difficult to keep my body equilibrium, makes me very tired etc. often with sleepless nights.
We walk two or three times a week and work on our 17 acre property just keeping it free from undergrowth around the house. However, it has been HOT the past two months with temperatures as high as 110F so of course can do little exercise in this heat.
I work from home in front of this computer, so can't walk to the bus or whatever, thus changing some of my sedentary habits.
The real issue is I'm just not motivated, but I hate being fat. I was 96kgs and went down to 92.5kgs but am back up to 95.2kgs this morning. (about 2.2lbs in 1 kg)
I do notice if I cut out wine that my weight drops and we're doing that a fair bit lately. My husband had a tumour on his kidney last year and had to have both removed in full so he's very conscious of his weight and abusing his remaining kidney.
Our daughter is getting married in April and in May I have to make a presentation to a government forum. I'd like to be not quite so heavy :-)

Felicity
Deafness
A
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
A
Hi everyone!

I'm so happy to see that I'm not alone in the weight loss plan!

I am 5'4 and 164.

I have started exercising, and already feel so much better. I also have been trying to make an effort to include more servings of fruits and veggies in my diet, as well as watch out for carbs, sodium, etc.

I think I have a HUGE road ahead, but look forward to the challenge.

It's nice to meet everyone, and I'm so glad I'm not doing this alone! smile

Lisa, my picture will be coming soon! Thanks for doing this!!

Page 2 of 25 1 2 3 4 24 25

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.