Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#370667 01/29/08 05:24 AM
"Rosie" Offline OP
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
Ladies throw away tour old make up, i ended up in the hospital ER room yesterday with a severe skin infection (conjunctivitis) my whole eye area is so swollen, itchy, and painful even part of my forehead is swollen down to my cheek bone
renew your make up often (even if its every 3 months) I'm not sure as to how often. it is dangerous to reuse old make up.

Rosie L
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Rosie,

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry to hear that! You are absolutely right. We should not be using mascara for more than 3-4 months without replacing it. Eyeshadows however, can be used mcuh longer as well as concealers. But brushes must be washed weekly or at least monthly.

Did they tell you what caused the infection? Another thing I try to tell everyone is never line the inner rim of the eyes. This is very dangerous. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Rebekah Mack Bono
Beck's Lavender Boutique
"Rosie" Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Rebekah;
at first he thought i may have been bitten by some thing but that was ruled out; he told me to throw out all my old make up,
He also but me on antibiotics and a antibiotic ointment to put in the eye.
As soon as i got home i threw all my make up, its worth investing in new stuff.

Rosie L
C
Zebra
Zebra
C
Hope you're feeling better Rosie. I tend to keep makeup a long time since I don't wear it that often, but now I'm taking your advice. It isn't worth it.

FavoriteTraditions.com
Life's Special Moments
"Rosie" Offline OP
OP Offline
I hope others will follow, i only wore mine once a week, i don't want any one to go through what i did.
good for you Chloe, throw it away

Rosie L
Zebra
Zebra
I used to keep mascara forever, too, but someone warned me about it, so now, I throw it out much sooner. I used to keep mascara till you couldn't get anymore out of the tube!

I really like the little samples I get with Clinique, too--that way, I don't feel like I'm wasting it.

J
Gecko
Gecko
J
Thanks for this great tip! I heard only recently about throwing away mascara after 3 months so I thought I'd start putting a piece of tape on mine when I buy it, with the date. I never can remember how long I've had one.

I know some of my eye shadow is way older than 3 months tho!

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Eyeshadow does not fall under the 3 month rule. If you have eyeshadow for 1 year, that is fine. Just make sure you are cleaning your brushes.

Rebekah Mack Bono
Beck's Lavender Boutique
G
G
i've noticed that many cosmetic packaging now has a symbol on it letting you know how long you can use it once it is opened...

Tiger
Tiger
I was just talking to my SIL about this and she thought I was over reacting. Make-up has a shelf life after we open it just like anything else we buy. Some things are suppose to be changed more regularly than others, like mascara. Rebekah mentioned cleaning brushes too which is also very important. Something with a little antibacterial in it wouldn't heart but plain soap and hot water is just as good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.