logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#366663 01/15/08 02:42 PM
B
OP Offline
B
I am a 65 year old female paraplegic, I own my own home but have recently used all my savings. My only income is social security disability which is $807.00 a month and my house payment is $595.00 it is becoming harder and harder to make my house payments, utilities, car payment, car insurance, ect, since my income is is low. I want to stay in my house and remain self sufficent. But am finding it harder to make sure I dont get forclosed on. Does anyone know of any place to get a grant or help with my finances? All the places that I have found will help 1 time a year with rent but no place that helps with morgage. Thank you and may you all be blessed.
hugs Luene

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Check out a reverse mortgage. It might work for you.

Jan Goldfield

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Have you tried contacting your mortgage bank? Many people people are embarrassed or feel helpless and are afraid to disclose their financial burdens. The economy is lining itself up for a recession.

Because of this, the banking tables have turned and will work with you. On average it can cost around $60,000.00 for a bank to forclose. It is in their best interest to help you keep your home. They have no choice in the matter.

So, if you feel like a deer caught in the headlights, I know it's hard, but try not to. When I called my bank telling them I had been laid off from my job and anticipated trouble, they told me unless I missed 2 payments or more they wouldn't help me (this explains a lot actually confused). So I did. I was actually one of those people that hated doing it too but found a miriad of options once I surrendered. PMI payment, refinancing, re-writing the loan (they put the deliquency back into the loan, basically).

I believe the dept. is Loss and Mitigations.

I hope this helps.

Eleise
Clairvoyance Editor

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
B
OP Offline
B
Thank s to both of you for the fast answer. Yes I have tried the reverse morgage and dont have enough equity in home to do it.I have also called the morgage company to see if I could refinance, tack missed payments on back of loan , just pay interest for a couple of months, and rewriting the loan. They said flat out no. So I thought of posting here to see if anyone might know another way, or someplace else to help. Thanks again for your interest and help.
hugs Luene

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.