logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Parakeet
Parakeet
I find that escaping into TV or work or the computer takes away stress until I'm faced with the piled up stress of reality.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tami S Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Hahahahaha! laugh

Don't we all know what it's like to escape on our computer? Otherwise, we wouldn't be on Bella! However, perhaps we should call it "Procrastinated Stress" because we really don't escape it, we sometimes just make it worse.

Tami is an Executive Leadership and Business Women's Coach. She invites women to use their genius in business in today's wild economy. http://www.UlimateBusinessCamp.com
Tami S Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Hi Gals,

I did something to really reduce my stress around my Business. I gave myself permission to do the absolute bare minimum for two weeks over the holidays. It was wonderful! I didn't realize how I had unconsciously slipped into "striving" again until I stopped. I am so much more relaxed.

Outside of supporting my ongoing coaching clients, I did very little writing and even decided that it was OK that I didn't put my Success Tips Ezine out for New Year's Eve when so many people are doing New Year's Resolutions. I AM WORTH TAKING A BREAK!

So dear women who read this, remember YOU are more important than your business! You are just as important as your clients and your well being is essential. It feels wonderful to prioritize yourself!

What do you need to do to lower YOUR stress today?

Tami is an Executive Leadership and Business Women's Coach. She invites women to use their genius in business in today's wild economy. http://www.UlimateBusinessCamp.com
M
Gecko
Gecko
M
My PA..."S"
She's been on leave for the last month and even though, work has scaled back over the Christmas break - boy, have I missed her!
I know she reduces my stress levels in lots of ways and deals with so many things that would otherwise, end up on my desk.
I can rely on her...
She's also, flexible...we work as a team - she'll stay back if we're trying to meet a deadline or arrive early with no complaint, we get each other coffee and often, dine together.
We often enjoy a glass of wine together after a hectic day or I'll pick up some cakes for afternoon tea after she's worked very hard meeting a deadline. It works so well...
She's back on the 14th - I'll have a box of her favourite peppermint chocolate frogs waiting...

Zebra
Zebra
Massage. For me, it's physically necessary, too as I get terrible muscle spasms and knots and massage helps more than medicine. But, it is very relaxing, too and I try to clear my mind and focus on really enjoying it and destressing.

I am trying to convince myself to go every month this year.

Parakeet
Parakeet
A massage.... mmmmmmm....... Ya in my dreams maybe. 'til then I'll keep escaping or maybe I really should just try cleaning the house for a change.....

I worked hard right through the Christmas holidays trying to get my online store ready for 2008 and my website store revamped. I finished finally on Friday Jan 4th after working a straight 36 hours. I was tired but now the online stuff can be done for 1 hour before bed - includes Squidoo, uploading a new design into the store, and posting here.

One day a week I'll post ads on kijiji and froogle, I'll blog, work on my website-adding all the new reviews I'm going to be getting and adding some affiliate products to the store that kind of thing.

I bought a book to start reading... Smart woman and Small Business. I also started the Secret by Rhonda Bryne, a gift from a friend at Christmas.

I feel set for this week to start without any stress..... tomorrow.... house cleaning and laundry.

To check out the online store you can either go through my websiteBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by Carennedy; 01/07/08 12:22 AM.
Amoeba
Amoeba
massage, that's really good. I mostly take my break going for a hike or spend time at the beach.

Tami S Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I've just learned a quick and new "Pure Awareness" Technique in which I step back from a particularly stressful emotion and see what it's like to view it from the outside. It's a great place of realizing that the stress is completely separate from me. I suddenly find myself relaxed and stress free.

Parakeet
Parakeet
Well I still haven't cleaned the house, still escaping into the computer world, another store, that makes 5 total, and 1 sale. One step at a time, or is that one bite at a time.

Here's what I do...

Instead of putting too much focus on fulfilling what my clients want, I emphasize on giving myself a relaxing time. But instead of just by doing it myself, I invite my client to join me to go bowling, play golf or karaoke together. Not only it has reduce my stress at work, I have an enjoyable time with my clients and they are very happy with my service.

Talk about achieving two things at the same time.

Izrul Fizal

Live Life Free From Stress.
Join my 21-day Stress Management TIPS list via email at stressmanagement-29@zoomresponse.com
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  JMBusinessOwners 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:59 AM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:15 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.