Chia
Unregistered
C
Restrictions even LOL

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
Hey Elle!
(HAPPY NEW YEAR!! It's been a long time, but LOVE this thread & had to add my 2 cents.)

To answer the question at hand, I don't think the two are mutually exclusive.

I posted this back when I was more active on BELLA, but felt it was pertinent to this thread - so for the curious, the following quote with the lighter font is the quoted post from 06.

A few years ago, for a women's art event, I made a series of over 50 small handbuilt clay vessels. Over-working the clay and intentionally working in air pockets and etc.
Knowing what the lion's-share of the outcome would be, I let them dry for quite a number of weeks. Eventually planned and did a very primative pit firing of them for a day and a night.

As the fire heated up, the explosions were in a word, spectacular! ! I used the shards, halved, cracked and the remaining three that survived the explosive firing as one of my exhibits.....
Although far from a safe enterprise, it was the journey toward the explosions and the ACT of the firing that was the art....the shards and cracked pieces were merely the aftermath. Proof that something had happened.

I still love that art.

There are times that the experience of destruction can move you lightyears forward in your creative process...destruction, distressing, staining/aging something with paint/dye, bleaching/patinating with chemicals, leaving something to decay/rust/degrade - all of those means of change can make for many many 'Eureka' moments and those glorious 'happy accidents'.

I have found that if, in creating a piece, a method of creative change - in medium, destruction to one degree or another, differelt levels of distress or etc. crosses my consciousness, I try to do at least a small sample just to see where it will lead me.

It's soooooo worth it!

Keep Creating!!! grin

Well behaved women rarely make history.....
E
elle Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
E
Hey, welcome back ArtGlam! Happy New Year to you too laugh

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
Shark
Shark
Thanks Elle!! Great new pic!! (new to me, anyway....)

Well behaved women rarely make history.....
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Jana - Creativity Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.