Print Thread
N
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
N
Some sibling relationships have been ruined or at least drastically changed due to the in-law. Many times the way your brother or sister allows their spouse to treat your parents can be an eye opener. Here's a real life example given to me "My father was living with my brother and his wife for a few months. After he died, my sister in-law was cleaning out his room and decided to just throw away family pictures! She knows all of her sister and brother in-laws and speaks with us frequently, but didn't think to ask if anyone wanted the family pictures. How disrespectful. I bet she wouldn't have thrown away her family pictures. The thing is my brother knows how disrespectful she has been to my parents and never says anything. She knows how to get him to do or say whatever she wants, to regardless of the truth."

Another example "My brother didn't think there was anything wrong with his wife inviting only her family to his son's first birthday party and leaving out his family. We all live in the same town. They finally invited my mother because he didn't want her to be upset later, but he had no problem with his wife's mother being the first one invited. He grew up in a close family and had previously been close to our mother but as soon as he got married he allowed his wife to dictate everything. He never took his son to visit our elderly mother. It was his job, not his wife's job to keep his side of the family involved in his son's life."
Is it just the men or our brothers who turn a deaf ear and blind eye towards their family when they get married? Do sisters react this way too? I understand our spouse's come first (biblical teaching) but how far is this suppose to go?
I'd like to hear from you!

Last edited by Nina - Siblings; 12/31/07 12:44 AM.

Nina Guilbeau
Siblings Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Koala
Koala
J
Well, I have a sister who allowed her husband to bad mouth my parents around town in the past(along with badmouthing the rest of our family). My other sister and I always held those things against him. When my other sister got remarried, the mouthy brother-in-law decided he didn't like the new hubby and tried to bate him into arguments at family gatherings. My sister (who is married to him) never said a word.

I've moved away from my family now and the family gatherings have gotten fewer and fewer, which is a shame since my parents are in their 80's now.

Moderated by  Nina - Siblings 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.