logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Ivypie Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello! PLEASE READ MY STORY!
I have Lupus & suffer from severe arthritis. I never married, and never had kids. I receive poverty-level income and cannot afford a ramp for my front porch. I am not going to ask you to buy one for me. But you might know of a resource out there that might be able to help low-income disabled people like me. I not only have Lupus, but several other medical problems. I really need a motorized scooter too. But a ramp would be helpful so I won't fall as much going up/down the stairs to my porch to my little mobile home. Please let me know who might be able to help me. I am alone, have no savings, and am scared. I need someone to care. I am only 40. I live such a limited life for my age. I love animals. I care about people. I care about the Earth. I can do more to help if I can feel better and be more secure. Any info is appreciated. Will provide documentation of my situation. I really need someone in this world to care. I used to live with my parents, but they have both passed away from terminal illnesses. I have since been diagnosed with Lupus. I live in a 550 square foot trailor in Oklahoma City. It's all I can afford on Social Security Disability. It's poverty-level income. I wish I could do some legit work at home but I only know how to type with one finger. I am mildly autistic, but intelligent. I am bi-polar, have social anxiety disorder, Lupus, have severe edema, lower leg extremity incompetent valves, nerve damage, tic, disorder, mild OCD. sleep apnea, allergies & asthma, severe arthritis, IBS, and am on about 10 different prescription meds a day. I would like my mission to be to better the Earth and make the world a better place. I do so in little ways already, but unless my situation is better, I am limited as to reaching my true potential in life. I enjoy helping others and making others happy. THANK YOU SO MUCH! OKTuffyrascal@aol.com

Last edited by Tuffyrascal; 12/29/07 04:20 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Check out your local housing authorities and community action programs. I did a little online research and found this link:
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Ivypie Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you so much! I will check them out right away!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU! Kathy

Ivypie Offline OP
OP Offline
With "Rebuilding Together", one must be 55 or over-I have a long way to go to reach 55 unfortunately. I will call Community Action on Monday. They have already done weatherization on my trailor several months ago. I don't know if they provide ramps, but I will ask! Thanks.
Kathy

Last edited by Tuffyrascal; 12/29/07 04:06 PM.
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Try calling 211. This is a national initiative driven by United Way agencies. The idea is that you call and are connected to a call center. These people are trained to help you find resources in your community. Just tell them your problem and they can find the solution. I checked online and it should be available in your area.

Sorry to hear about the age requirement for Rebuilding Together. We don't have the same rules here.

I checked Community Action's website, and they actually list building ramps, so hopefully they can help you out.

smile Trish

Ivypie Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks! I really appreciate it! I feel hopeful!

Last edited by Tuffyrascal; 12/29/07 11:12 PM.
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Keep me updated! I want to make sure everything came out happily!

B
B
try the department of assistive and rehabilition services D.A.R.S in your area. They will build you a porch, ramps widen doors, put up handles in bath and shower to hold and stedy yourself. They will come out and assess your home and see what is needed. If you are wanting to work, They will train you and offer a lot more things. like new chair, computer, ect. But they will do the things to your home if you are not wanting to work are not able. Hope this helps. Hugs Luene

Ivypie Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you for the information-I have been still working on finding help on the ramp issue! Thanks so much-

Ivypie Offline OP
OP Offline
One thing I do in my spare time is enter sweepstakes online in hopes to win a big prize to help me with my financial sutuation. I have discovered that there were sweepstakes & contests online one year ago. Since I am limited to what I can do and I am in a financial bind I figure when I have extra spare time at home, I can enter free sweepstakes (they do NOT cost anything!) and maybe have a chance of winning something. I can't depend on that of course because thousands and maybe millions of other people are entering the very same sweepstakes. But I figure my chance is as good as anyone else's! It's fun, but is also tiring when you enter over & over as I do. I keep hoping to win something big. A person has no chance of winning if they don't enter at all. So far I won very small prizes such as a magazine subscription, a book, a small gift card, and lip balms. But I need to win a car I could sell or a big cash prize! lol! But it is a fun thought that I could maybe win something big one day, though one definitely should NOT count on it! I hope & pray my health does not get worse. I am too young and need to be here for whatever good I can do on this Earth. Thank you for reading my story, and I hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by Tuffyrascal; 01/20/08 02:48 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.