#360328 12/17/07 03:17 PM
Trish-D Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hello again folks. smile

While I'm not attending a church service with my family, I started thinking about the times I have spent in church when I was younger (I was raised Christian and left the church at 13) and also at different Pagan rites over the years. I have always felt an energy of peace in a place of worship no matter what the tradition. It is almost the same feeling I get in a personal power spot like a waterfall or other place in nature.

Are you sensitive to the energy of a particular place? Would you like to share any experiences you have had?

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Trish-D Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
There is a place in the upper peninsula of Michigan that I have heard a lot of people describe as their "power" spot. It is Tahquamenon Falls, which is actually 2 falls near Paradise, MI. I have been there once and it was very peaceful. At the time, I wished I could have stayed much longer but it was just a day trip. I know people who aren't religious in any way who said being there cleared their mind in a way they couldn't believe.

It could just be the fact that it is out in nature, but I don't believe that is all it has going for it.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
F
froggie0424
Unregistered
froggie0424
Unregistered
F
I don't know if I've had an experience like that, but I always find the beach really calming. Like it carries away all of the negativity that surrounds you.

Elephant
Elephant
I always find any place the spirit is heavy to be energized.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
A
A
If anyone visits Arizona Check out Sedona. It is a vortex and is BEAUTIFUL! It's in the mountains but the rock is a rust red color. Also the only place in the United states to have a McDonalds with green arches so it doesn't disrupt the beauty of the red mountains around it!

Stephanie

"Animals are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole!"

"Don't waste your youth growing up!"

"People all over the world, join hands, and start a Love train!"
Koala
Koala
I agree that Sedona Az is very beautiful!!! I feel energy around me all the time. good and bad. I have been told that i have the gift of disernment....

Most churches around here in my area I would feel more at home running a bar with drunk men while naked but there are a few churches that are real peaceful and I feel God there. there are houses people and places in nature that I feel God there.

This is not to say that churches are evil lock stock and barral its just when the church puts more into makeing a money and being popular then they do into helping people and Loving and serving God.... I am uncomfortible.

I have been to the mountains and felt connected and whole. like I was in the hand of God and nothing could ever take me out of His Hands.

I have been to Canyons and felt so small in compareasen but i felt loved and at peace like if God can do all of this then how much more could He do in my life if I just let Him do so?

I have been to the Ocean and felt like all my sorrows and worries just washed away and my mind cleared and my heart opened up and I was free.

I have gazed up into the sky and got ideas and new thoughts on things and solved problems that I could never have gotten figured out on my own. and Creativeity........

yeah I feel it a little....LOL

Trish-D Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
*grin* Just a little Free? It sounds like you do have the gift of discernment.

Sedona is one of the power spots I would love to visit. Everyone I know that has been was just swept away by it. I would of course love to visit Stonehenge (surrounded by a fence now I think) and many more places.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
Koala
Koala
LOL I loved (but cant spell it) Segoro valley! you know in all those westerns they have the catusis with the arms and they look like big tall green pitch forks? those only grow in the Segoro vally in AZ and it is a great place to go! each arm is 100 years old and the trunk is like 500 years old before it makes another "arm"!!! I fell in love with them.... Also the Red Cedar wood trees in CO I loved the smell and the huge trees that stand so tall and protective over you!

I would love to go to the Pryomids in Eygpt and the Castles in Scottland and Stonehenge and to crop circles just because I have never seen one and I just want to check them out and see what the fuss is all about..... or and the Sahara and the River Nile and the Jorden River and ...................... I just want to travel! lol

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/08/24 09:46 PM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.