logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Gecko
Gecko
Parents have to start teaching babies to entertain themselves really early or they become unable to do so! You may have to set aside times where you refuse to be her entertainment. Some children play better by themselves than others, but if babies see that we are willing to jump every time they say they are bored that's easier than learning to occupy their own time.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
A
Children tend to be overdiagnosed with ADD and ADHD. Just make sure the child isn't just keeping you going for kicks or is just very busy. If you just can't keep up, try teaching her to play by herself.

J
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
How quickly everyone assumes that a rambunctuous kid has a disorder (ADD, ADHD, etc.). If the child can focus enough to participate in structured activity such as gymnastics, swimming and others which requires concentration and following instruction I feel that when the kid is with you she is enjoying having every whim met by you. Do not bow so quickly to the demands every two minutes. Do you get to do what YOU want to do every 2 minutes? No, and neither should she.

Next time you go to the park you have a discussion before hand stating that if you walk to the park you will stay for 1 hour. If she is bored with frisbee playing, she can ride a swing, or go down a slide. Those can be the changing choices....not all this back and forth. Again, in the structured activities she follows orders as she should when being watched by you.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Parakeet
Parakeet
If she is in a lot of activities and has someone do something with her constantly she is unable to entertain herself and unable to enjoy anyone thing because everything will be boring.

I used to have kids come into my dayhome from structured daycares and constantly ask me how to do something or what was next. I would always just say "figure it out" They would and became very independent in a very short period of time.

You won't be able to say anything to the parents, the school will say something though. They love to label those that don't fit into the mold.

She just doesn't have an imagination. Kids that are so overstructured and overly entertained usually don't. Do more imaginative pretend things.

She could be very excited to have you there and just wants to do anything and everything with you.

Last edited by Carennedy; 01/16/08 01:26 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.