logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
So I took a stress management class, learned all sorts of relaxation techniques, including different aromathereapy scents. After this class, I purchased Peppermint Essential Oil, which is awesome for energizing, as well as headaches and colds... I also purchased Lavender Essential Oil..which works well for relaxation and in baby's bath and all that good stuff

So I am wondering if anyone uses these and swears by them for certain things? If you could please share the names and uses, that would be great!! thanks

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Shark
Shark
B
I love to use Eucalyptus Essential Oil in the shower when I have a cold or I'm having trouble with my sinuses. I just place about 9-10 drops on the shower floor in front of me. The hot water sends the aroma back up and it helps to clear my sinuses.

Kay
M
M
TONS of ideas!

Orange Essential Oil for cleaning - simply mix 10 drops with 1 Quart of water and clean all surfaces. Smells great, non toxic and not harmful for the environment! For extra cleaning, mix in 1 cup of vinegar...scrub surfaces with baking soda then spray with this mixture - watch it foam and then rinse. This will get your sinks, tub etc cleaner than you thought possible without choking from all the fumes!

Orange Essential Oil is also an anti-depressant.

Tea Tree - for all cuts, scrapes and wounds. Works like an anti-biotic. Also great for sore throats - a few drops in warm water and gargle. If coming down with a cold, massage into neck, on top of sinuses. Ear ache? Massage in back of ear with a drop or two.

Peppermint Essential Oil is also great for restless leg syndrome. Mix a drop or maybe two with lotion and massage into legs before going to sleep.

Peppermint and lemon are great mixed together into a burner for added concentration - great while kids are doing homework or for adults...tax time!

One more - Eucalyptus with wash water for bed linens. put 20 drops into water with detergent. Your sheets will smell fresher and this eliminates any nasty bed bugs etc that might be lurking.

Last one - Lavender for burns. Everyone needs pure Lavender Essential oil in their kitchen and in their medicine cabinet. Apply a drop of pure Lavender Essential oil to a burn immediately - pain and blistering will disappear like a miracle - it really works!

I have lots more, but I guess this will get you started!

Kris
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Kris
SwissJust North America
Amoeba
Amoeba
Rose essential oil is good for dry skin - a few drops in the bath or mix with a base oil and massage it in. It also helps your mood and can excite l'amour in those around you, allegedly! smile

Marianne Gibson
Russian Culture
J
Koala
Koala
J
these are great suggestions. I use a sleep essential oil and one for restless leg syndrome from Nature's inventory. I've also tried their essential oils for "bug off" in summer, a lymph gland purifier, a tranquil essential oil for my one dog who is afraid of thunderstorms and a meditation and a prosperity oil.

I love these because they're natural.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I LOVE Peppermint oil! And, I use it for relaxation also. There is something about the scent that calms me when I get over stressed.

I do love lavender too... but peppermint oil is my magic elixir!

I have not yet tried rose oil for dry hands... I get the dryest hands! My knuckles actually crack. I have a feeling I need more omegas in my diet LOL!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Zebra
Zebra
I like to burn eucalyptus and peppermint or spearmint in a burner.

That's probably my favorite. I just bought some tranquil mint shampoo & conditioner at Bath & Body Works--it smells divine!

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Ooooh... I've tried their shampoo... it IS simply divine!

I've tried the Avalon Organics mint shampoo and conditioner. Didn't like it quite as well, though I LOVE LOVE LOVE their peppermint bath gel and hand soap.

I also like to mix sandalwood and tangerine in massage oil. That's yummy.

Back to the peppermint (LOL) when I was pregnant I had some morning sickness. One day I went to give a massage, and they had some oil they wanted me to use on them. It was a peppermint rosemary mix. I used this oil on them, and MY morning sickness went away! How great is that!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
I use all sorts of essential oils! Lavender for relaxation, peppermint for energizing, eucalyptus, peppermint and rosemary together for congestion, orange for inspiration. I love essential oils and have been using them for years! Putting a few drops in epsom salts, mixing it up and adding it to bath water.

Sheri

Sheri Ann Richerson
Water Gardens
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
This is great. I just came here to ask about how to use essential oils. I love the thought of adding it to bath water and then soaking in the heavenly aroma. I used to use some that someone gave me but I can't remember what kind it was. frown
What are good ones for the bath?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  BB -Body Care 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.