Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#358000 12/04/07 11:59 PM
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Does any one know anything about Totems..?? I'm clueless of how to find mine..I read somewhere that a woman had a lion for a Totem and it went for walks with her and sat with her on her sofa..(and it even purred) !! shocked...If I had one, I don't think that would be for me..something smaller maybe..

shootingstar123

When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are, anything your heart desires will come to you.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
shootingstar123 #358002 12/05/07 12:27 AM
Koala
Koala
LMAO!!! your so funny!!! I have no idea about the totem thing....sorry but you are still funny!

freespirit #358011 12/05/07 01:31 AM
Tiger
Tiger
A woman once told me an Owl was my totem because I use to get images of them during meditation. I personally think mine is a wolf or fox. I always dream about them (of course it could be because I have a giant photo of a fox in my bedroom.) smile

M o e #358065 12/05/07 12:31 PM
Koala
Koala
lol Moe your funny to!!! I have been told that the bear and Dolphin are my totems but that was a looooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnngg time ago before i new what they were and I thought she said Tote them! I was like 8 and thought I she thinks I am carring a bear and Flipper she nuts!! they have probly changed sense then but I always remember that when this subjuct comes up.

M o e #358133 12/05/07 05:32 PM
F
froggie0424
Unregistered
froggie0424
Unregistered
F
Originally Posted By: M o e
A woman once told me an Owl was my totem because I use to get images of them during meditation. I personally think mine is a wolf or fox. I always dream about them (of course it could be because I have a giant photo of a fox in my bedroom.) smile

I believe you can have more than one though.

#360511 12/18/07 12:49 PM
S
S
MM,
As I have been taught & experienced, you can have many animal totems but you usually have 9 that stay with you thru life, the others may come & go as they need to give you a message. I do Animal Spirit Guide readings. & I have alot of success at giving people their totems, some for life , some for a message.

SapphireMoon

I am who I am, a Witch.
SapphireMoon #458659 10/12/08 09:48 AM
R
Parakeet
Parakeet
R
I have always had a thing for horses (freedom) and dogs (loyalty). I usually use these animals for my screensavers.

Robin Rounds Whittemore, Fragrance Editor
Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

B
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
B
Isn't there a difference between totems and familiars? The way I understand it, a familiar is the animal in your life that you connect to... call it an animal soul mate if you will. A totem is an animal that represents you or watches over you. Or perhaps the animal that represents your character the most.
Is that correct?

Bylen

Bylen #482919 01/07/09 05:38 PM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Familiars and totems are one and the same.

In the classical sense however a familiar is a messenger sent by the person to do their bidding. However that would be in old english and relate to the story book kind of witches.

As for finding your totem, think of animals that you see most often in your dreams or meditation much like Moe, or what animals are you most drawn to like Robin. Often people in the know will tell you what animals are following you, I went to pow wows for years when I lived in NH, I remember walking into a booth and someone looked at me and said "Who brought the bear in here?" (Obvious to say but my main totems are Bear and Dragonfly)

There are also some totems that will follow you for a while when you need the message. There ws a time when I was getting nothing but black panthers for nearly a month. Dreams, books, television, conversations, panther panther panther. I finally took the hint and looked up it's meaning. It is thought to be maternal in nature and I cried when I realized it was the anniversary of my Nana's death.

Lately I have been getting foxes and lots of them, in stories from others, shape-shifting from leaves to a fox face, real ones on the road side.

There are many internet guides that can give you a basic meaning to the animals surrounding you. My favorite is a book by Ted Andrews called Animal Speak I HIGHLY recommend it for anyone's book shelf. It also has guided meditations if you need help reaching your totem animals.

Good luck!

per aspera ad astra: Through rough ways to the stars...

Bylen #482974 01/07/09 09:41 PM
F
froggie0424
Unregistered
froggie0424
Unregistered
F
I agree. I think there is a difference between a totem and a familiar. My understanding is that a familiar is an animal that exists in the "mundane" plane and can assist with magickal workings. A totem, to me, is an animal (either actual or mythological) that aids you solely in the astral realm. Or perhaps sends indirect messages by flying by in the "mundane" realm.

Originally Posted By: Bylen
Isn't there a difference between totems and familiars? The way I understand it, a familiar is the animal in your life that you connect to... call it an animal soul mate if you will. A totem is an animal that represents you or watches over you. Or perhaps the animal that represents your character the most.
Is that correct?

Bylen

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Ro Longstreet-Wicca 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.