Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Tami S Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Hi Ladies,

My webdesigner decided my website was too much work and has given me several months to find a new webdesigner to rebuild my website and move to a new hosting company.

I'm wanting to keep the overall design of my site, but I really would like to have the options to do the simple changes myself.

I've already put out the funds to create a unique custom designed site which I'm quite happy with so I'm not wanting to put much more into it, especially since I just did some major additions to it two weeks ago.

I'm hoping to find someone to re-enter most of the programming on a new server, using a more user friendly program.

I've researched a few options, but I would definitely like to hear from any of you who are REALLY HAPPY with your webdesigner and server.

Tami is an Executive Leadership and Business Women's Coach. She invites women to use their genius in business in today's wild economy. http://www.UlimateBusinessCamp.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
I design my own website and manage it myself which is a lot of work. I have a good domain hosting service and they supplied me with free software to design my site which is very easy to use. My business has so many different facets that I didn't want people to be overwhelmed so I broke it into different sections and limited the amount of choices to pages in that section with the option to go home and go to a different section. It was a lot of work to set up now I only add a page a day, be it an article or a new product or updates. Today it was a new product for gift baskets and corporate shopping.

Amoeba
Amoeba
I do website designing, it is my job. And I'm happy with it wink Choosing a good host for your sites is a very important factor.

J
Koala
Koala
J
I use www.Homestead.com. It has a site building program that is pretty easy to use. Don't know if you get much traffic to your site or if you are trying to build traffic but transferring your site to another host will create a "new" site in the search engine's eye so you'll lose the age you have for your site.

However, HS is easy to use and costs me about $19.95 a month for one site. You can add domain names tho for an additional $2 per month if you'd ever want them.

Tami S Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Hi Gals,

I sure appreciate your feedback. I haven't made any decisions yet. My current company is allowing me time to make a change without feeling rushed.

In my research, I have discovered a hosting company that I'm quite impressed with so far for a completely different website I'm planning. I even signed up for it already! I would still need a webdesigner to make my changes on my Destiny's Door custom designed site so it may not work for that. I'll know once I find the right designer.

I found this new hosting company through Bella's Business Coach Editor Meg. She and some of her clients are happy with ANHosting.com

If you take a look, you might want to give her the finder's credit by entering through her website in the Business Coach Section. It's always nice when us women help one another here! After all, our businesses do need to make money. smile

Tami is an Executive Leadership and Business Women's Coach. She invites women to use their genius in business in today's wild economy. http://www.UlimateBusinessCamp.com
Hello,

One thought is once you have a good strong hosting company is to use a free website builder to do it yourself. I did and am very happy with the results.

You can get the website builder atBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Parakeet
Parakeet
It's been too much work doing it myself, but I'm very happy with what I've been able to do and I've had no problems with Lunar Pages or coffee cup. Although I don't do anything extra fancy either... I think I'd screw it up if I did.
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Tiger
Tiger
We just signed up a few months ago with a new hosting company called Host Papa. Our old hosting company which we had been with for something like four years closed. Host Papa is a Canadian company and they are green, meaning all the energy they use to run their business comes from renewable energy resources. Their focus is small to medium-sized businesses.

Their lowest package is $5.95 a month. But we found a coupon and paid something like $63 and change.

Tami S Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Thanks so much for your replies. I thought I'd give you an update. I actually ended up going with a local webdesigner and hosting company.

I wish I could say it was an easy transition, but it has been a huge headache because webdesigners work in different ways in different types of programming. If you choose a webdesigner, make sure it will work for you to stick with them.

In my research, I was impressed with what I heard about one particular hosting company. I did set up a contract with them at www.anhosting.com for another business plan I have. They were very inexpensive with great stats and support.

Parakeet
Parakeet
Congrats tami. Sound like it was a big headache.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JMBusinessOwners 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.