logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
OP Offline
Z
Hi everyone,
I'm new around here. How's everyone doing? Great to see all the fans out there for pets.

I actually small request for anyone who knows a great deal about goldfish. I have two goldfish (I believe they are comet). I got one of them last fall and one in January of this year. The one I got last fall suddenly became ill. I don't exactly know what the sickness is however. Last Wednesday (about 4 days ago) I saw him hiding on the bottom of my 4 gallon BioOrb tank and then i went to see if he's okay and he started to move fine. Then the next day I went to see him he is on the bottom leaned to his side. The side of him that's facing up I notice there are like 3 missing scales and it is white and if I look closely there's like a small orangeish/red spot on the center of the white spot. He is always leaning to the opposite side with the white spot facing up. It seem he is injured, but I don't know what is wrong with him. I'm really worried about him. My other fish which I got January is fine swimming around healthy and all. I went and got some fluid that kills ick and put a few drops in the tank and nothing has changed yet. I went and got a put a water quality tester and it says the water quality is fine. I have a underwater plant in there that I took out when I found out he's sick. There's a little algae in the tank that I notice. I really can't figure out what is wrong with the poor guy. Yesterday he was swimming on his side like working his way around the tank. Today he seemed more stationary and moving.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on what I should do? I will do whatever in my power to help him recover from this. He really means a lot to me and I've had him for over a year.

Thanks everyone for taking time to read this and please post any suggestions and/or comments you.
Really appreciate it

Thanks again,
David

Last edited by zHaNgerS; 11/11/07 01:20 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
We had fish that lived for 7 years, they were won at a carnival. I think that maybe your other fish is picking on him. We have revived fish by placing them in a bowl with a little salt. But I think your fish has something different. But it wouldn't hurt to try. Good luck.

S
Shark
Shark
S
He is in a 4 gallon tank....there is a good chance that due to the confines he is living in, he is stunted. Where as his insides are growing faster than his outside, causes blockage, pain, eventually death. I would try and throw him in a bigger tank, and hope it helps, unfortunantely though, by the time you see symptoms of stunt, its almost always too late.

Skeeter

I found this on another site "As for the white spots, are they tiny, like a pin-point spot, all over the fish, or are they larger, like 1/16-1/8" in diameter? Tiny pin-point spots on a fish is probably ichthyophthirius (Ick). This is easily treated with a 0.3% salt solution in 3 days in warm water, 78 degrees or so. If the spots are few and larger, it could possibly be a fungal growth or it may be epistylis. A 0.3% solution of salt will also kill epistylis. There are several fungal medicines on the market for fish and these fungal spots usually look puffy, like small cotton balls."
But if this doesn't work?? Id say, when your not paying attention go buy yourself a new gold fish.. and replace the dieing one while your not paying attention..(.: I do hope you fishy gets better..really..

Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect.
- Steven Wright
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
You should get an algae-eater for the algae. Put your sick fish into a hospital tank and try the salt bath. Do you have any other fish or plants or toys in your aquarium that he could have got injured on? How have you been doing on water changes?

Mary Brennecke Fish Site

Moderated by  Mary_Betta_Fish 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.