Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
There is a restaurant in our area that used to serve fabulous egg rolls. It wasn't the filling that was so good--I have a good egg roll filling--it was the coating on the outside of the egg rolls. It was batterlike and crunchy. I have tried several different things, but nothing I have tried is like those egg rolls. The restaurant changed chefs who changed the egg rolls; they are nothing special anymore, so I want to make my own.

I'd appreciate any help you can give.

Karen Hancock, Quick Cooking Editor
Quick Cooking Website
Quick Cooking Forum

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
Tammy,

These egg rolls have both pork and shrimp in them. They are the egg rolls I make for my catering clients and also at home. I don't always chop the ingredients small, but you could do this. I hope the results are what you're looking for.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Karen Hancock, Quick Cooking Editor
Quick Cooking Website
Quick Cooking Forum

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Hi Karen-

I have actually heard that the Canadian Chinese egg rolls are sometimes battered after they are fried. Although I've never had one personally, they sound delicious! I'll search around and see if I can find a recipe.

Thanks for your post smile

Lila Voo, Chinese Food Editor
Chinese Food Site
Chinese Food Forum
C
C
Thank you for the egg roll recipes I will definitely try both of them.

I am also looking on how to make a sauce that is found mainly on the East Coast in Chinese/Polynesian Restaurants. It is called "duck sauce" and I have found out that it is made primarily out of applesauce and soy sauce and some say 1 other ingredient that no one can remember. I have contacted various restaurants that use this type of "duck sauce" but no one will tell me what is in it - its a "secret". Any ideas?

Thank you

T
T
I'm looking for a recipe that I believe is called Chow Mei Fen (or Fun). They serve this at the Chinese Restarant we go to and it's not soup. It's just the Mai Fun noodles (long rice), some onion, egg, maybe a little bit of cabbage, soy sauce. It's my absolute favorite and I would love to have the recipe and make it myself.

Last edited by TeresaYo; 11/01/07 05:28 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Hi Teresa-
Here is a quick and easy version of Mai Fun that I love.BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Lila Voo, Chinese Food Editor
Chinese Food Site
Chinese Food Forum
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lila_Chinese_Food 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.