Page 1 of 2 1 2
#350765 10/29/07 12:57 PM
R
Rogue Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
R
So is anyone else like me? No one really hounding them to have kids? My mother lives halfway across the country, so I think she figures since she would never see the kid, she doesn't much care. My mother-in-law is very much, "You kids enjoy life, and if you want kids, great, if not, that's great too!" (I really love my MIL!)

My sisters were the only ones really bugging about it(oh, you'd have such cute kids!), but now they've kind of dropped it. One of my sisters actually said, "I know I always said you should have kids, but if you really don't want them...you probably shouldn't have them. I mean, I love my kids, but sometimes...*sigh*."

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Rogue #350778 10/29/07 01:13 PM
B
Amoeba
Amoeba
B
How in the world are you so lucky?! Guess it has to happen to everyone once in awhile. smile Enjoy!

Rogue #350779 10/29/07 01:15 PM
B
Gecko
Gecko
B
No Rogue -
I am not lucky like you; I am always pestered by family.

C
C
I can relate actually. The only person interested in me having children is my stepmom and even she acknowledges that as much as she wants grandchildren, its not her choice. My MIL and FIL are constantly telling DH and I that we have plenty of time and should just enjoy this stage of our relationship (they had children very late). Course, I am also only 26 so maybe people will get more antsy when I am in my 30's...

R
Rogue Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
R
My MIL and FIL are constantly telling DH and I that we have plenty of time and should just enjoy this stage of our relationship

But there is still that implied, 'of course you'll have kids' there...does that worry you?

Rogue #350797 10/29/07 01:52 PM
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
My BF's family is curious about us having children eventually- his brother especially. My mother could care less as she tells me its my life and it is my choice on how I want to live it. Of course then I get my stepmother (whom I'm a bit estranged from) asking me when I'll have kids since it is God's duty to do so.

Meh???

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison
I
Shark
Shark
I
nobody really bugs us about having kids either much anymore. my friend;s brother made a comment over the summer but i quickly told him that we like to be called "aunt and uncle" and he got the hint. we're very open about not having kids and since we've been married for a while ,over 9 yrs. and are in our later 30's maybe that's why.i'm sure perhaps some people talk about it behind our backs but as long as they don't bother me about it i really don't care. when my hubby told my MIL a few yrs. back that we werent' having kids she wasn't surprised at all. she said that she could never imagine my hubby being a father. it's funny but i'm the one who works with kids and i'm very adamant about not having kids. my hubby could care less. i know he's glad that we don't have any but i'm much more CF than him. maybe b/c no matter what people say the woman is the one who gets the bulk of the resp. and affects her life more than a man.

indigo

indigo2 #350840 10/29/07 02:58 PM
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I don't get it as much as I used to. I guess since DH and I are both 37, people figure we know our own minds by now!

Jez
Parakeet
Parakeet
I'm 40, my parents understand, people at work don't ask, and everyone knows my POV and respects it. Everyone in Linda's family knows -- plus she is past even the most optimistic age (47). Thusly, it isn't a deal now. Everyone knows, and if they don't like it, well, too bad. smile

R
Rogue Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
R
I'm turning 28 soon...Hubby will be 36 soon...maybe we'll get more pressure as I hit my 30's, but I have a feeling it will be more from people outside our family(My boss already gives me the "I don't know why you don't want kids" thing...when I've given her list after list of why I don't want them. I just don't count her, because I could care less what she says or thinks!)

Last edited by Rogue; 10/29/07 03:31 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.