Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
NAW #329824 07/19/07 04:43 PM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Ok, before this turns into a man bashing topic, let me say that as a man, we do not all feel that way. Surprisingly, many of us appreciate women and the things you do.

We don't all believe that women should be held back or not be given every chance a man gets.

I appreciate women, I appreciate my wife, I appreciate my ex-wife, I appreciate my pastor's wife, who is also a pastor and I respect them too.

Have I taken women for granted? Yes. Am I proud of it? No.

Yes, I go to the store and buy tampons for my wife and I do it without embarrassment because I know my wife would do the samere thing for me if she needed to or I wanted her to.

Yes, I appreciate all of the hard work my wife does in raising the family and I respect any woman who does that.

Would I be typing this if it was a man's magazine? Yes, of course. It is how I feel and I do feel women are underrated and underappreciated and yes I feel that should be changed.

Am I perfect? No, I am a man.

Now that we know what the problem is, how do we solve it?

Last edited by amadeus1220; 07/19/07 04:52 PM.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
NAW Offline
N
Hey Amadeus,

Don't take this as a man bashing post.

The post started with asking abt opinions on whether a woman should be allowed to preach...allowed by whom? And who is not allowing them now? They are men and women whose mentality is dated and sexist.

So don't rush to be on the defensive. It is not about attacking men and making women the victims. This was what I was trying to say. It is women who also have to claim their rights...for example, rights to preach.

NAW #329944 07/20/07 08:54 AM
Koala
Koala
I think when women stop seeing men as a pay check and sperm dononer and started giving cretit to the women who do get married and have kids (or at lest know who the father is!!!)that stay at home with them the they have earned and also give the working moms there credit for takeing care of there familys and haveing a job!!! but women fight back and forth stay at home moms just watch Opra and soaps Working moms are mad moms....
on and on!!!!! How can we as women expect men to take us seriously when we act like cats in high school with and among our selves!!!?
I am not a fimminest I just believe that if a woman can do a mans job just as good or better then good for her!!! but when the woman starts to whine its to hard im a girl then she should step down and let some one (male or female) do it or not get the same pay....

lets take the army. if you have to carry a full pack 50 pounds and walk 20 miles then do it because when your over seas or in a war zone they aint gonna care that you a girl and lighten your load or carry you because you cant walk that far...

But hey if you want to do it and you can pull your wait hey I am PROUD of YOU!!!

= but different!!!!

M
Gecko
Gecko
M
freebubbles3

I believe that most women do not see men the way you describe.

E
Koala
Koala
E
When my husband and I had our wedding ceremony, although we had a secular ceremony, we invited a family friend to be our celebrant. This woman happened to be a canon of the Anglican church - a canon is higher than a priest or minister. She also happened to be divorced. Despite our differences in religions, I was very proud of her, and proud to be her friend, and I have always respected her. I know that the church she led had a huge membership of both men and women and every one of them thought highly of her. That she was willing to officiate at a pagan wedding speaks volumes for her open-mindedness (she did include a brief prayer, though, but she has never attempted conversion or any mention of doom and saving souls).

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
elle #330250 07/22/07 01:53 AM
Koala
Koala
You have to love the christians who are like that because they are so few and far between and they show more love and respect for God then most.

I dont think woman who have grown up emotionaly and intelcetualy do see men this way. but there are many who have kids so they can get paid to say at home. When a woman get pregent and doesnt have the slitest idea who the father of the child is then imo she has made the man a pay check and a sperm donor!!! she has shown no resecpt for the men in her life and much less respect for her self or her kids. this does not include woman who get pregent because of rape.

men should have more respect for themselves to and show self control.

No one is guiltless when there is a baby and idea who the father is excepted the baby and kids involved!!!

Think of it like this if your mother got pregent 6 times and your the oldest and you asked question about who your father is and where is he and what is he like? and she did not even know his name but you know that she gets a goverment check and for each of your bros and sis's and for you. you know that she has many men in and out of the house and has have a baby every few years....

How would you feel?

NAW #350581 10/28/07 05:17 PM
S
S
Give me a good reason why you think they shouldn't have the same rights as a man, in the work world or the religious and spiritual one. smile I have no issues being female in a "mans world", I don't play super feminist, but I don't play the submissive either. I do what I can do have my part count, I play by the rules, and I respect all others as I would want respected. smile

Meet like minded people sharing their success stories
and tips to help you lose the weight you want and get
the body you've always dreamed of. Just visit:
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
L
L
In the Bible it says that men should also submit to their wife. They should submit to each other. A man should love his wife as Christ loved the Church. Christ died for the Church(the people in the church, not the building.) A man should be willing to die for his wife. This is not mentioned very often.

Tomorrow is another day.
Scarlett O'Harrah
M
Gecko
Gecko
M
We should have female priests. Why not? It doesn't make sense to me.
I think when you have an imbalance in a profession you can run into problems and the priesthood is sadly, no exception.
I worked at the Medical Board many years ago - in the days when there were very few female doctors and only one or two female gynaecologists in Victoria. Some of the things I heard and the attitudes displayed made me think that womens health was being handled by a boys club - a power group with little respect.
I know many women did not report inappropriate comments and behaviour back then. I know it upset me - I often went to bed feeling confused, angry, disgusted and afraid.
In just 25 years - what a change! I know it was hard for the pioneering women who broke into the area - there was resistance. These women will have my utmost respect and heartfelt appreciation for the rest of my days.
I should add 25 years ago, there were also, very decent male doctors that would have been equally concerned about the conduct and attitudes of some of their colleagues.
I think most change is resisted - most people don't like or are suspicious of change and the people in the "privileged circle" enjoy their position of power.
I also think when women give up their paying jobs to care for children they lose their power and position in society. I see at work functions/conferences my colleagues wives are largely ignored as they're "just housewives" - no point networking with a housewife - no money, no position, no power.
I don't hate men - far from it - and often I see prejudice and judgement coming from women.
Women need to value their contribution and to avoid putting themselves in a vulnerable position - don't let your skills become outdated or your references old - keep your foot in the door so that if you need to go back to work, you can do so.
The religion that calls for women to cover from head to toe is a little frightening to me.
It's almost like women don't exist - let's hide them away....for their own protection.
It's really reversing the onus of responsibility - how about expecting the men to exercise some self control? Have you ever tried to relate to someone wearing a full chador and face mask? It's really very confronting - I tried to converse with a lady at an airport once but I found it really bizarre not knowing who was "under there"....it must be very isolating.

S
S
"It's almost like women don't exist - let's hide them away....for their own protection."

Exactly! I have seen so many females give up and submit to this, it drives me batty. I can respect anyone else' religion, but when you tell me that its like 15 degrees outside with snow and ice on the ground, and tell me I cant wear pants, I'm swapping my religion. smile

I think its more than isolating, I think it drives most females to completed forget they are people too, its quite sad.

Meet like minded people sharing their success stories
and tips to help you lose the weight you want and get
the body you've always dreamed of. Just visit:
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Debbie-SpiritualityEditor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.