logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Koala
Koala
Donna, we found a dead scorpion in our basement the other day. We have seen a few since we moved here, but luckily only one that was alive. I hope there aren't any more alive ones down there! The tarantulas are out here. You see them on the highway and I always try to avoid them. I would think creating something new with cast-off pieces would be wonderful. The dishes get a second life.

Lisa, we all chipped in and bought my mom a Spode tea set for Christmas last year. It has a huge tray that everything goes on. I do have a soft spot for white and blue. Hubby's mom gave me 2 platters that were his g-grandmothers. On is a flow blue oval and the other has a oriental design on it. I have both of them in my china cabinet.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
Koala
Did you have your garage sale yet Lisa?

~anonymous~
D
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
Connie - scorpions - ugh. Tarantulas - AAAAAAACK!

Lisa, I was also wondering how your yard sale went.

I want to make stepping stones, too. I think mosaics in a yard are so pretty.

I also love blue and white dishes. Also blue and yellow. I have about a dozen or so blue & yellow and blue and white Spode dishes that I'm thinking of using as a ceiling border in our foyer. I keep all my dining dishes displayed on open shelves so that I can enjoy their color. I collect 3 patterns, so have a mix of colors, but mostly blue and yellow and pink.

Donna smile

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
The entire neighborhood is having a yard sale, it will be on November 16 and 17 if memory serves.

They are going to put some ads in papers and make up the signs, having it be the entire neighborhood will bring MORE people in and I hope to get rid of most of my things.

I will let you know and maybe take some pictures of it to show as well.

I have my Spode in a china cabinet but I have other dishes that I hang on the wall, some of the dishes that look like Spode but are pink instead of the blue and white and some older things that I want to use for display only. I LOVE the idea of hanging plates and platters on the wall, it makes a nice change from flat boring pictures.

Koala
Koala
A whole neighborhood yard sale sounds like so much fun...too bad I am in Oklahoma!

I collect a green transferware pattern...something about Dickens. I can't remember right now. I had found a piece of broken tea cup in our garden area. Our garden area was where they used to burn the trash. I looked online for weeks until I figured out the pattern of that tea cup. I thought it would be neat to own something like what the original owners used.

I have a set of small plates, I think they are Currier and Ives and are 4 seasons. I had bought a wrought iron plate rack for 3 other plates I have (same size) and when I got it home the rack was too big for these plates! I really like the way they look in the plate rack. I guess I will just have to buy some plate hangers and hang the other four.

~anonymous~
D
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
That whole neighborhood yard sale sounds great. There are lots of yard/garage sales going on in my neighborhood, still. I'm surprised as I don't remember them going into Nov in past years - too cold, usually.

Connie, I like your idea of having some dishes similar to the previous owners.

Donna

Koala
Koala
There were a few garage sales last weekend in the town 10 miles from us but it was really cold! I think it was in the 40s. We just went on by and didn't even think about stopping.

~anonymous~
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I am staggered by the way people were buying today. I sold $556 worth of stuff today, $200 was for a generator, the rest for just stuff I would have given to goodwill rather then keep in the house.

I sold CDs for $1.00 each
Books for .50 cents each
I had alot of milk glass which I sold most of, thank goodness.

I still have tomorrow and I imagine it might be even busier. I only slept about 3 hours last night so I am SO tired. I will let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Koala
Koala
Congratulations! Sounds like your sale was a sucess. Do you have much stuff left?

~anonymous~
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
We did really well, I sold somewhere between $600-700 over both days. I do have some things left. I think I am going to list a couple bigger items in the penny saver and have another garage sale later on. I have a few things left in the attic I didn't get down but I got rid of a BUNCH of stuff.

Some guy came today and bought every CD I had left which was 27 of them. I have more CDs but they weren't in their cases so I was planning on putting them back and selling those as well. I burn CDs myself now, I can pack 5-6 albums on one CD so I don't really use the regular store bought CDs anymore.

I am finding that here the hard core garage sale people turn out on Friday, they showed up by 7am yesterday. Today was slow, they just sort of trickled in.

My Mother is a hoarder and I have those tendencies, to buy things I have NO use for. I am fighting it and when I get rid of stuff, I feel so relieved. Its a strain to deal with all that mess. Alot of what didn't sell is going into boxes in the attic and wait for the next garage sale. There were some things I put out just too see if it would sell, things I can still use so those are no big deal.

It was so funny, I had a set of mounted longhorns that I really didn't want to keep, they were sitting out and a woman driving a Mercedes SUV drove up and wanted to buy them, I was so glad to get rid of them.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.