logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
OP Offline
W
[color:#3366FF]hi everyone,
I went to the doctor today and she told me that I was dialated to a 2 and if I can get myself to a 3 by next week then she will induce me. please if anyone knows of anything that works please let me know.
thanks.
[/color]

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
Koala
my friend's doctor told her to walk and another on said that having sex made her dialate quicker.... and yet another one took hot and cold sitts baths....

I dont have kids but all my friends do and they love to tell me the joys of pregantce and labor!!! Fun!!! IM not having kids!!!

hope this helps
free

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Your body will dilate when it is ready... I know of nothing that you can do to speed that process along. Even things that will induce contractions with the intention of kickstarting labor won't cause dilation unless your body is ready for that step. It actually seems like a ridiculous thing for a doctor to have said. It's not like you can study for it!

Is there a reason why you are eager to induce? That process is really very hard on the body and the baby and has high incidence of C-section because of the increased intervention. You'd be better off trying to relax, enjoying your time pre-birth and trusting your body to know when it is the right time for the baby to join your family.

Nicki Heskin, Breastfeeding and Early Childhood Editor
Breastfeeding Site - Breastfeeding Forum
Early Childhood Site - Early Childhood Forum
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I remember being told that I was dilated 2-3 centimeters. I was EXTREMELY nervous walking about town knowing that. I had nightmares about going into labor out in public.

Maybe she is just eager to get it all over with, I know I was at that stage of my pregnancy.

When you get that big and uncomfortable, its time to have the baby out. I was also eager to hold her and meet her and get to know her. viat

As far as physical symptoms, I had to pee all the time, I had heart burn and I could barely breath if I was in the wrong position because the baby was pushing on all my vital organs.

Koala
Koala
Good Times.... my friend told me that her doctor told her that forplay would make her dialate quicker....I would think that sex would be the last thing on your mind at that piont but what do I know!! the other friend swears by the sitts bath she said if nothing else it helped her hemoriods.... and the other friend the doctor had her walk the halls to dialate faster... she said she didnt think it helped much but....

sorry other then those I have no idea....

S
S
As a former Labor and Delievery Nurse, I have one thing to say..."when the fruit is ripe it will drop"... be patient, and realize that the possibility of inducing labor should be YOUR decision with your doctor. You can decide if you want to go that route......
Think about it

Koala
Koala
Oh I was thinking that maybe there was a medical reason why she was getting induced..I didnt know that they could induce labor just because.....

I would not think that would be safe for mom or baby.... kinda like a c section.... better go naturaly then have dr. goof with mother nature!

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I think some doctors will induce if you want them to.
I actually went into labour in that my water started to leak and I also started contractions but they did give me the patosun to get my labour to progress. I heard a story of a woman who had her doctor induce labor so her husband wouldn't miss the super bowl, I was appalled, appalled I tell you!!

I wouldn't want to induce unless there was a GOOD reason. My doctor told me that if I went too long past my due date she would induce labor because the placenta starts to break down and the child doesn't get enough nutrition.

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I was induced at 38 (almost 39) weeks with my 2nd child.

We lived over an hour from the hospital, and my first labor only took 5 hours from the first contraction to delivery. My OB was terrified I would not make it to the hospital in time if I started labor on my own. And he probably was right, because once they started the pitocin drip on me, Jordan came in little over an hour!

But the thing about trying to make yourslef dilate, is that sometimes it can backfire. If the body is not ready, then the tissues will swell, and actually make the dilation shrink - it's not necessarily that the cervix itslef has closed down, but that the surrounding tissue has done so - but the same outcome.

There are topical medications that can cause the cervix to soften, but I believe they have the same components as pitocin, so Dr.s won't use them until actually ready to induce.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.