Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
B
Rhonda:

Do you know if ovarian cancer can be detected from an endometrial biopsy? I know it can detect uterine cancer.

Thanks, BC

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
Hey BillieCat,

I'm still waiting for the results of my biopsy (should have them in the next day or two). I felt kind of "off" the rest of the day after I had it done - tired, crampy, etc. Didn't have a lot of bleeding, just slightly more than normal (normal for me lately is some constant light spotting - just enough to have to wear a pantyliner). I think I took some more ibuprofin after I got home, too.

I'll be sure to let you know what they say with the results.

When are you going for yours?

B
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
B
Hi Tbunny:

Thanks for your info. I am taking that day off of work and the day after - next Thurs & Fri.
This month has been strange - the spotting turned into bleeding before the period started. The bloating and other problems were also magnified this month more than any other. He said I didn't ovulate at least twice these past few months.

I wrote a thread in the Gyn. section to see what other women have to say....
I am glad you are okay and just have some spotting. I know when they read you the risks it is scary but nothing bad usually happens.
It would be nice to get some answers. I know you have the situation of not having periods although you are not in menopause. I may either have polyps/fibroids, hormonal changes, or pre-cancerous hyperplasia. I never had children so I don't know how he is ever going to stretch my cervix!!
But I suppose he can do it while I am out.....
Anwyay, did your doctor ever mention Polycystic ovarian disease to you?

Take care!

Gecko
Gecko
Taking the day of and the day after off work is a smart idea!

I've never had kids, either, so my cervix was also an issue. She did manage to get it to open enough to get the instrument in there (but I don't wanna know how!). So far they haven't really discussed any of the possiblities with me re: specific diseases. I think she was waiting for the results to come back before going into any depth.

Over the weekend, I started taking Midol trying to alleviate some of the PMS-type symptoms I've been having (mostly bloating and breast tenderness). I don't know if it will work as well as I'm hoping, but I figured I'd give it a shot.

I'll look at the Gyn section to see what kind of responses you're getting. The more information we have, the better off we'll be!

B
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
B
Hi Tb:

I guess it is just you and I for this endo biopsy discussion, both in this thread and the Gyn thread that no one wrote to ....

I hope you finally get to feel better soon! I am not looking forward to next Thursday, but maybe by being knocked out I won't tense up so that may help a little bit.

It is a good idea to keep informed about what can be going on so you know what to ask your doctor, but this is a very tricky area of the body! The hormonal interplay along with other health issues that affect menstruation is so complex that it gets so hard to understand - and I even studied pre-med for awhile.

My husband is concerned about ovarian cancer since I have those symptoms and it is named the silent killer. I am not sure this biopsy can even detect that but hopefully my transvaginal ultrasound would have picked that up (it only showed the thick uterus). I think the problem with ovarian cancer's symptoms is that they are very general and can show up with other problems in the body.

I do remember seeing you on the MNK forum :O)
I will send good thoughts your way for a positive result. Even when things don't turn out "normal" on these tests there is still a lot of good things they can do.
I hope your overall health is good so you can get through this strange thing happening to the uterus.....

Take care !!!

R
Gecko
Gecko
R
Hi BillieCat,

No, ovarian cancer cannot be detected through an endometrial biopsy.

An endometrial biopsy is used to screen for endometrial cancer, as well as help determine the cause of abnormal menstrual periods.

R
Gecko
Gecko
R
Tbunny,

Have you received your biopsy results yet? Waiting is the hardest part!

BTW - I love the photo of the bunny...too cute.

R
Gecko
Gecko
R
BillieCat,

I hope all goes well with your biopsy. I understand what you are going through. It's difficult not knowing exactly what is going on with your body.

Please keep us posted.

Gecko
Gecko
Update - I have an appt tomorrow to review the results of the biopsy and get a "pre-surgery" work up. Next week (Thurs) I will be having the scope and a D&C. Fortunately, I will be knocked out for it (hooray). BillieCat, is that the same day you're going for yours? Wondertwin power: happy thoughts! I will just be happy to get through this next step and closer to some answers. And I will definitely follow your lead and take a day or two off work!

We have also not said anything to my mom/family so far - she's a worrier and I don't want to stress her out with the waiting. I'm a fan of one step at a time, gather facts and form a plan of action then fretting about the "what ifs".

(Rhonda, the bunny is a former foster of mine - Kirby - who was/is absolutely adorable. He got a wonderful home and is the light of his adopter's life!)

B
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
B
Hi Tb:

Yes, next Thursday is my D&C and scope at the hospital - what a coincidence. I will be off Thurs & Friday of next week - I would advise you to do the same if possible!!
No aspirin, Vit E, fish oil, ginger for this week.

I will do the pre-test tomorrow - a blood test & physical.
I saw your post in the gyn section - I would also like to hear everyone's reaction to the procedure afterwards.
I heard there is slight pain and bleeding. That is not something I will be looking forward to but I will think positively....I will be happy just to have that and nothing major.

My mom is the biggest worrier! She knows of the test but I never let the doctors give out any result of mine to anyone but me. My husband is also a worrier but my mom has made a career out of it.

Let us know tomorrow what the biopsy says!

I also love your bunny pic and Rhonda, that dog is so sweet. Animals mean the world to me!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.