logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
OP Offline
E
I can't say I know how it feels to lose a child, but I came close enough to feel the pain and feel for anyone who ever has to live through something like that. I have always worried with kids and swimming pools, but never realized how deadly they can be. We were at a party for my daughter's 7th birthday. I have 4 children and I had them all with me and we were at my aunts. We had swam all day, all the kids with life jackets and me right there watching them. My son which is 2 had tried all day to get the back door open and never was able to. We had a housefull. My mom and dad, my brother, my aunt and all the kids. We were leaving for the day and had went in to say our goodbyes. I had my arms loaded with stuff and had just looked at my son and he was sitting on the love seat playing. I turned and looked to the girls and was saying goodbyes and telling them to give hugs and kisses and in that short time span, I turned back to look at my son to tell him come on and he was gone. I got a sick feeling immediatly when i didn't see him and turned around and the back door he had been trying so hard to open was standing wide open. I had a sinking feeling and ran to the door and saw him. He had feel in the pool and was floating on his back. I threw everything i was holding and went in after him. When i pulled him out he was blue and purple and wasn't breathing. I screamed for my mom, because i couldn't think clearly and see was there 1 second later. She started CPR on him while i called 911 and he started breathing again but was really still. The ambulance got there quick and took him to the er and we got there at around 5:30, (i forgot to mention i was still soaked in my swinsuit sitting in the er with the air blasting away), and he was up running around 100% like normal by 8:30. They said he was very lucky and hadn't been in the water more than maybe a minute tops. I am just grateful i didn't wait another minute before i realized he was gone or it could have been a different outcome. I just recall when i first saw him in the water, i thought he was dead and my heart felt so heavy and unbearable. I don't think i could have went on if it had turned out differently.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
how scary,i am so sorry, you had to go threw that, and I'm glad your son is o.k i have lost a son he was killed when he was 13 yrs old, it is a horrible thing to go threw God bless u all

Rosie L
D
D
I know someone who lost their 2 and a half year old son just this way. He was at a 4th of july party with his family. The life jacket the mom bought him was too big so he didn't have it on. Someone called the mom into the house. She asked a friend to watch the kids by the pool. They were sitting on the swallow end of the pool eating push ups. 5 minutes later the mom came out of the house and she finds him floating face down in the water. They called the ambulance. They did CPR on him for a hour but he had died.

Moderated by  Christine - Child Loss 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.