Page 1 of 2 1 2
#348785 10/20/07 03:20 PM
M
MB2345 Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
M
I guess J. K. Rowling was doing a reading at Carnegie Hall in New York City last night, and she "outed" Dumbledore, explaining that he was in love with rival Gellert Grindelwald from the final book. Who would have thought? I mean, Dumbledore always seemed about 400 years old, so who would think to wonder about his sexuality? Very interesting. Here's the link:BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I read about that last night, as if the Right Wing Fundies aren't upset enough as it is with the magic and witch craft theme, they will really be whigging out about them now. I can hear the sermons this weekend, how your act of reading the series is a sure and true way to hell.

In the UK, being gay is FAR less of a big deal then it is here. I'm sure its not that big a deal to her. From what I understand they already have Gay marriage in the UK.

M
MB2345 Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
M
Being gay is not a big deal to most of us either. Don't assume the entire United States falls in line with the religious fundamentalists.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Originally Posted By: Lisa_Orlando
I can hear the sermons this weekend, how your act of reading the series is a sure and true way to hell.

LOL, believe it or not, the majority of Sunday sermons will most likely be centered around actual issues and not some light reading materials. Of course, if I am wrong and you attend church this Sunday and hear a Harry Potter sermon, I would love to see your notes!

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
That was a joke...
AND after growing up in a church that I believe is a cult, I no longer attend church. I got more of that then I wanted growing up.

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
If only Jerry Falwell was still around, his folk endulged in a little good old fashioned Nazi inspired book burning of Harry Potter books BEFORE the question of Dumbledor's sexuality came out. I imagine Jerry is spinning in his grave at the mere thought that children of the world are reading these books still, now they are ALL going to turn into homosexual witches.

Maybe Pat Robertson can take up his banner and soldier on to rid the world of any writing that differs from their own slanted outlook on the world.

I think Rowling saying this of Dumbledor is probably genius on her part because it will probably send some back to read the books again, looking for hints to support what Rowling has said.

My Witch, um daughter loves the series as do I. I remember when we were in the UK for the summer, years back, J K Rowling did a train tour, she would pull into each station, children would be gathered there to get her autograph, it was amazing.

E
Koala
Koala
E
Please can you put Spoiler in titles rather than the actual content. Some of us haven't had a chance to read it yet!

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
elle #348880 10/21/07 03:28 AM
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Originally Posted By: elleCreatEd
Please can you put Spoiler in titles rather than the actual content. Some of us haven't had a chance to read it yet!

Elle, from what I understand this was not in the book but announced by Rowling herself when reading the book to some children, I believe they asked about a romantic interest for him and that was her reply. I was pointing out that NOW that its known, you might be able to read back over the books and some things that might have slipped your notice might make more sense now.

E
Koala
Koala
E
I get what you're saying. But having not read the book yet and wanting to keep all aspects a surprise, I couldn't know that the title of this thread hadn't just revealed one of the big surprises of the final book.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
elle #348926 10/21/07 12:56 PM
M
MB2345 Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
M
Sorry, Elle. Rest assured that the breaking news about Dumbledore's sexuality has nothing to do with anything in the books (I've read all seven). I'd never reveal a plot point in a thread title. But I'll keep your point in mind for the future. Would a header like this have been better?

"Dumbledore is [spoiler]!"

Last edited by Karm, BellaMystery Books; 10/21/07 01:03 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  SF/FBooks Evelyn 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.