logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I�m not sure how Obama is factoring into that, or what FOX channel has to do with this. To me, this is just another sign that as a society in general more and more people are suffering from �diarrhea of the mouth� where they believe their drivel is ambrosia that must be spread.

Consider the fact that this Nobel Prize-winning geneticist considers himself a �lifelong Democrat and avowed secular humanist�, and any notion about racism go by the wayside. Add to this that our first poster has failed to mention the follow up articleBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I believe in freedom of the press and the right of the public to know however...Fox has been a problem when it comes to "responsible journalism" for some time. In fact the words Fox and News are a contradiction in terms to say the least.

If you really are lost as to what I am talking about, google the words, Fox News and Responsible Journalism.

This is just one more example of why Fox News is a problem. Giving any attention at all to this mans verbal diarhea was more the he deserved but because Fox likes to titilate, they put it on the air.

Argue with my opinion all you want, I am certainly only ONE person however its not just my opinion...there are people doing demonstrations against Fox news, its simply NOT the thinking persons news source unless your a blind folded, right wing Republican Fundie. I would NEVER expect anyone to simply substitute my thinking for their own, do some research, the net if FULL of information about what a disgrace Fox is, they are a joke.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
It seems odd to believe in the freedom of the press and then seek to censure it at the same time under the guise of responsible journalism. No matter which network you tune into, you will at some point run into a wall of bias � completely unbiased reporting is not humanly possible. FOX leans to the right, NPR to the left, and so on.

As a matter of fact, the First Amendment protects the freedom of speech of those whose speech might not be considered palatable, welcomed, or comfortable! So it does not matter how many smear merchants will call FOX all kinds of names; the rightwing fundies have a right to their TV network just like the leftwing loons, and anybody in between. Folks who enjoy standing in the Kool-Aid line of either political persuasion have just as much right to have a channel cater to their whims as the rest of the population. Considering how many channels we now have access to, it seems precious little to ask for.

Those who don�t appreciate the fare that is dished out have the freedom of choice and can change the channel. Those who enjoy it should get out the popcorn and kick up their heels. Those who are protesting FOX and would like to see its programming changed or completely dismantled, however, should make the time to become reacquainted with the civil rights of those who think differently from them.

We should thank our lucky stars that we do not live in a country where the only news is the one that is found fit for popular consumption by the ruling government and the only ones who have a right to speak out are the ones that tout the party line. Similarly, not a day should go by that we do not give thanks for being able to hotly dissent on virtually any and every issue, without running into the danger of having various respective news outlets shut off, just because a vociferous majority or minority demands it.

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Originally Posted By: Sylvia - Civil Rights Host
It seems odd to believe in the freedom of the press and then seek to censure it at the same time under the guise of responsible journalism.

Its not really debating to purposely mis-represent what someone has said in order to "win" the debate. I don't believe in censorship, never said I did, never used the word, thats your own slanted opinion in order to undermine my own words. It smacks of someone who knows their arguments are LESS then reliable.

Many people before me have had problems with Fox's accuracy. If you can't at least admit that, then you have blinders on and not much you say on the subject can be relied upon.

I would NEVER want to live in a country where the media was dictated by the sitting president but if Bush had his way, that would be his next move. He has already taken away some of our constitutional rights, why not the freedom of the press next.

Maybe you can think back to Hurricane Katrina...I was changing the channels to look at what the different channels were showing, I was amazed at the coverage Fox had, OR THE LACK THERE OF...it was pretty clear where their concerns were, it was NOT with the human suffering going on with OUR OWN AMERICAN CITIZENS.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Of course my opinion is slanted! Good grief - that was the whole point of my post!! I never once claimed to be objective, but instead I call it the way I see it. If this makes you feel challenged to such an extent that you feel the need to denigrate me on a personal level, i.e. �smacks of someone who knows their arguments are LESS then reliable� and �you have blinders on and not much you say on the subject can be relied upon�, then perhaps it is best if I agree to strongly disagree with you on the topic at hand and let it go. I detest personal putdowns and attacks.

Anyone who will read my post without having a dog in the race will see that I know just as well as anybody else that FOX leans to the right. My point is that in today�s society this should be celebrated rather than scorned. At the end of the day, between life and death and heaven and hell, it matter so little whether FOX is leaning to the right, NPR to the left, and Telemundo is giving them all a run for the money. At the end of the day it is nothing but a blip on the radar screen.

Anybody who is looking for real news knows where to find it, and even those who will only rely on TV for their info will be able to mix and match and get a pretty good picture by watching a variety of channels. Those who don�t want to bother have the right to get a Kool-Aid refill.

BTW, may I remind you that freedom of speech is not being actively challenged by the right so much as by the left, which � with the up and coming changing of the guard in the White House after the 2008 elections � is a ground for grave concern?

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
YOu give yourself too much credit, you don't make me feel challeneged, in fact discussing issues with someone like you (for me) is a waste of time.

I am firm in my support of the Democratic party, while I do share some beliefs with the Repuplican party, I am a Democrat and always will be. AND I have to say I was raised in a Republican Fundamentalist family, my Father being a minister. It is my opinion that people who don't see problems with their party (either one) have a blind fold on.

I have no illusions that you can be swayed so therefore you have no effect on me.

In reality, I view Republicans and their beliefs as a danger to the United States and our freedoms. They undermine what they say the love about our country. BUT I know they will do their best to tear our country apart before they will EVER admit to being wrong.

In the end, I kind of feel sorry for people who hold to the party line (either party) and NOT think for themselves. The Democrats are wrong on some issues but I feel the Republicans are wrong on more.

I think its a silly thing to have someone who holds your views representing the civil rights forum because Republicans are NOTORIOUS for infringing upon the civil rights of the American people, not upholding them or defending them. AND once again, thats not just my opinion, thats histories judgement of your party.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
This is one man's opinion. I believe he was referring to Africans - not African-Americans. We tend to read into articles such as this one. Perhaps in Africa, his statements are true where the white population may have more opportunities to receive a higher education than their black counterparts.

I do not believe this article is about people in countries such as the U.S.

AJ Alexander (aka: Bubbles)
Weight Loss Editor

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Good point!

From my reading of the article he is referring to "colored people" in general without making the distinction of a country. Similarly, he appears to suggest that intelligence is an organic feature rather than an expandable commodity, but I might have misunderstood that.

Koala
Koala
To me, this is just another sign that as a society in general more and more people are suffering from �diarrhea of the mouth� where they believe their drivel is ambrosia that must be spread.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVED this quote!!! Thank you so much for it!!!!

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
LOL, you are quite welcome! smile

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.