logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#347682 10/13/07 08:05 PM
OP Offline
Just read the article about dragon paths and ley lines. I'm just wondering who finds them and how do they know where they are?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
Koala
mmm what is a ley line? where is the article?

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I have an entire book about things like Ley Lines and the stone monoliths in the UK. I will have to dig it out and add some more information to this thread.

OP Offline
I'm wondering if you have found the information about the Ley lines in you spoke of in your article. smile ?

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
The Secret Country is the title, its written by Janet and Colin Bord, published by Paladin Grafton Books. I have had this book for some years but it reads sort of like a tour guide to "the ancient sites of the British Isles - standing stones, stone circles, henges, symbols, hillforts, burial mounds etc.

This book tells how "ancient sites of all kinds can be found to align. The sites forming such an alignment can be any combination of any of the following: stone circles, stones rows, standing stones, henges, cromlechs, hillforts, burial mounds (barrows, tumuli, cairns, etc.), ancient settlements, any other pre-Roman sites, also pre-Reformation (and sometimes later) churchs and other religious buildings and in certain circumstances also moats, prominent hills, anciet trackways, ponds and crossroads. The minimum numbef of aligning sites needed before a ley can be tentatively established is disputed but the greater the number of points there are in a short distance, the smaller is the possibility of ascribing an alignment to coincidence.

Initially, ley-hunting is done on an Ordinance Survey map, using a transparent straight edge and a pencil."

"Some believe that ley lings marked an energy current which flowed through the earth and that various marks point along a ley, standing stones, stone circles, etc. were crucial in the build-up, storage and dispersal of this energy current."

The writer speaks of Fairies Paths being like the Irish version of Ley lines.

I don't recall where I got this book but its a book printed in the UK, I may have purchased it in the UK. It was printed in 1986.

I would check sources like the book section on Ebay or Amazon, Amazon sells used books as well.

Amoeba
Amoeba
Faeries paths? I wonder why they would be any different? They were probably calling them that because of the myths of the arrival of the sons of Man coming and driving the sidhe and other fae folk into the mounds? That would be my guess. But I wonder if the driving down of the fae into the mounds would have caused the energy matrix of the Earth's ley lines to shift at all. The mounds are probably an allegory to the separation of this world from the otherworld, b/c in different accounts of western european folklore, both english and irish myths account for the two worlds being connected or united at one point.

I knew a lady who I used to converse with about ley lines here in the states, and off the coast of florida. She was very adamant about natural areas such as the bermuda triangle and other natural venues, but she was also serious about manmade areas like power plant stations.

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Does anyone know of any sources for ley line and vortex maps in the US? I looked into this a few years back, but all I could find was on the UK.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia

Moderated by  Debbie-SpiritualityEditor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.