Next Thread
Print Thread
C
CindyB Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Aloha,

I spent an incredible vacation on Oahu, and it cost me less than
$700, including air fare. We did camp but at a gated, ultra secure campground at Malaekahana Kahuku Side near the Polynesian Cultural Center and North Shore run by Friends of Malaekahana.

I'd lived on Oahu for a few months and knew the nice, family campgrounds are far and few between. The non profit Friends of Malaekahana runs a portion of this park, and keeps it nice and family friendly. They have lots of beach sites and back under the trees, as well as yurts :cool And the surf wasn't too big for the younger kids. We went in October and most mornings the beach was deserted. It was awesome!

I wrote an ebook about how to vacation on Oahu for $700 or less (including info for non campers as well), which can now be read for free Hawaii Budget Vacation Every week I try to add more chapters from it. About half of it's up so far.

Also my 15 y.o. and I just moved back to the Big Island (Hawaii Island,the one with the active volcano and Kona) and while some things like electric and certain types of groceries cost way more, I'm not spending much more than we did in Ashland Oregon because so much of the recreation is free or minimial - snorkeling (about $30 for gear or less if you rent), exploring Volcano National Park, lava viewing, swimming (all community pools and beaches have free public access), hiking , kayaking where the dolpins play (about $30 for 1/2 day at Kealakekua), etc. I'm a single mom and don't make much, so I figured we may as well be here enjoying life on the Hawaii Island

If you have any questions about planning a Hawaii budget vacation, feel free to email me cindy@coconutroads.com

Cindy
CoconutRoads.com

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
Amoeba
Thank you, Cindy. I notice that you have made your ebook available for free.

If anyone has used Cindy's book or website, please feel free to add your comments on it below. BellaOnline's strength is in passing information and unbiased comments from one reader to another.

Happy Travels,

jill

J
Koala
Koala
J
I did order Cindy's ebook and loved it. On a recent trip to Hawaii, I used her tips and saved quite a bit of money.

Not only that, but I think I saw some sites I wouldn't have seen otherwise if I'd gone without the book.

Some of the travel info you can use for budget travel to anyplace also.

C
CindyB Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hi Jill and Joan,

Thank you for the nice comments. I need to update the part about my Hawaii Eco Budget Guide to Oahu being free. I do have free excerpts from the book on my site still...lots of budget tips and eco travel information.

And my online guide was free though August when I went through the entire 100 pages and updated everything for 2007. I also formatted the guide into PDF, so it's now a nice, easy to navigate book with lots of color images.

Also - my 15 y.o. and I just moved back to the Big Island near the Volcano National Park about 45 min from Hilo town.

So I'm now working on the Hawaii Budget Eco Travel Guide for this island :-)

I just put my Oahu ebook in its shiny new format up for sale last month and am offering a *free* copy of the Big Island guide to my first 100 customers. I don't think we're supposed to mention prices here, but the updated ebook is priced lower than average.

And if anyone on the forum has questions about budget and eco travel in Hawaii, I'll do my best to answer them here, especially questions regarding Oahu, Kauai and the Big Island (island of Hawaii, volcano island).

Aloha!

Cindy

Last edited by CindyB; 10/07/07 10:07 PM.

Hawaii Vacation & Eco Travel Guide
CoconutRoads.com
J
Koala
Koala
J
Thanks for the update, Cindy!

M
Amoeba
Amoeba
M
Any tips for budget travel to Maui? I'm heading over there next month.

Cheers,
Megan

F
Shark
Shark
F
Thanks for the tips! I was watching that show Weatherventures on the weather channel (they showcase all these different exotic vacation locations) yesterday and realized i have got to take a vacation!

Could you do maui for less than 700 or is it just the lesser known spots in hawaii?

Fashion Fiend with Heart & Soul
W
W
Yes, I am also willing to know about Maui because I want to spent my some vacations there with my family. Any suggestion????

The train travel is cheaper than flights to canada.
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Now this I'm interested in --- can't wait to go back to Hawaii! So I'll be checking your ebook out.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.