Next Thread
Print Thread
#334716 08/18/07 08:09 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
I've found that most people like the potato salad they grew up on. What do you add to your potato salad to make it "The Best?" I've received a few responses to my latest article, "The Great Potato Salad Debate" and hope that readers will post their favorites on this forum so that we can share what I consider an absolute "Must Have" salad on a picnic or summer meal.

Thanks for your input!

Karen Hancock, Quick Cooking Editor
Quick Cooking Website
Quick Cooking Forum

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
I received this response from a reader via my email to my last article, "The Great Potato Salad Debate!" I hadn't thought of doing a potato salad like a baked potato, but I'll be doing it often. This one is absolutely delicious! Your input is so much appreciated. Thanks for sharing.

Here's her response:

My favorite potato salad is made from baked potatoes. It's an excellent way to use up leftover baked potatoes from a large dinner or even to make fresh. Basically it's a loaded baked potato. You peel the baked potatoes and dice them into a bowl. Mix together a small carton of sour cream with a tablespoon of mayonnaise and a little milk. Add to potatoes and mix until covered. Add crumbled bacon, chopped green onions, shredded cheddar, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and chill. My family loves it. You can also serve this warm by putting it in a baking pan and baking until warm and bubbly. It's such a versatile dish -- hot or cold it's a winner.

Karen Hancock, Quick Cooking Editor
Quick Cooking Website
Quick Cooking Forum

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I like to add sweet relish, to my potato salad

Rosie L
H
Hjm Offline
Shark
Shark
H
I love Koshler dill Pickles in mine with eggs.

S
S
Im hooked on potato salad! I must admit i agree theres none as good as your mommas but i tried this the other day-pretty good!BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

S
S
PS, but i used veggie bacon cos im a herbivore! x

C
Shark
Shark
C
I like potato salad made with vinegrette (spelling?) dressing--no mayo. I use RED potatoes, boiled and cut up and add whatever sounds good--chipped bacon, sauteed garlic, chopped yellow and green onions, chopped dill pickles, celery, hard boiled eggs. For the dressing, I mix olive oil and balsamic vinegar about 3 oil to 2 vinegar with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste--shake all that up. You can put a little creole mustard in the dressing, too.

Pour the dressing over the other stuff and mix everything until it's all coated.

cela
C
Shark
Shark
C
Oh, and some crushed red pepper is good, too.

cela

Moderated by  Karen - Quick Cook Ed 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.