Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
L
I was thinking maybe I should discuss my next pap smear with the in-laws.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
Gee -- let me make a reservation for that discussion... NOT smile

B
Amoeba
Amoeba
B
I would have to agree that society glamorizing child rearing has a lot to do with it. People obviously feel this behavor is totally exceptable.

There is also the idea that they aren't doing anything at the moment other than raising their newborn/toddler so don't have anything else to discuss. Silence would be more comfortable at a table though. smile That's always where it would be good to insert fun exciting travel experiences to break the line of conversation! At least then they can look confused.

As far as the whole idea of "it's natural, what's the problem?" Like previous posters have pointed out there are a lot of natural functions of the human body, but most people don't care to discuss them in conversation unless they're your doctor.

F
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
F
Originally Posted By: Ava

There is also the idea that they aren't doing anything at the moment other than raising their newborn/toddler so don't have anything else to discuss. Silence would be more comfortable at a table though. smile That's always where it would be good to insert fun exciting travel experiences to break the line of conversation! At least then they can look confused.

It's ironic, isn't it, that people become parents and run out of things to talk about besides their kids because that's all they're doing, but are they interested in talking about what is going on the lives of their CF friends and family? Nope, time and time again it's observed that our accomplishments and goals feel like they don't mean anything to our friends and family, because the only worthwhile, meaningful thing we can do with our lives supposedly is have kids! It's a catch 22. Live your life for yourself, how you want, and no one wants to hear about it...but have kids, and then you're boring as hell.

L
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
L
When are we going to realize that unless we have children, we are not important? We're not doing anything to feed into social security, we're not doing anything to better America .... oh wait, except we ARE.

I wonder how SAHMs are putting money into social security. Since there are some parents who think that since we won't have kids, we shouldn't be able to get social security benefits? Maybe we should say that SAHMs don't get benefits because they personally didn't put enough towards social security.

I don't know what I'm saying.

L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
My mother gave birth to my second little sister when I was 20 years old. She was upset with me because I didn't want to be in the delivery room during her c-section. I love my mother dearly, but "eeww." Why would she think I'd want to see that?

Parakeet
Parakeet
If I were present during a C-section the nurses would be scraping me off the floor after I passed out! I don't do well with blood and guts situations! Yet another reason I don't want kids...they tend to get hurt in bloody ways sometimes!

Cindy

C
Gecko
Gecko
C
Originally Posted By: Malamutes own me
I'm wondering if a possible retaliation is to describe in detail how great my weekends are, the latest projects that we're embarking upon and what a great relationship I have. That way they should feel just as disgusted because my life is meant to be so much less than theirs because we don't have children - ooops not going to play your game anymore. No longer will we temper how great everything is just to make it seem like we are missing out - let's tell them in great detail how much more fun our lives are.

Hear hear!!! I have just decided to do that. No more tempering! Let's report back over time on our efforts!

Parakeet
Parakeet
Err... from a guys POV, it is even worse (re: wanting to watch a birth):

1) Regarding where the baby comes out should be considered to be a "sexy" part of the woman's body. Seeing an ugly, goopy, messy baby come OUT of what you want to go IN to ... that would turn me off to wanting to be down there in any way.

2) Even if I were to want to watch it, I would feel oogie if other people were to see that part of my wife's anatomy (that weren't doctors) -- ESPECIALLY any immediate family.

and

3) Excuse me, I have no desire to see that part of any woman in my family -- especially if a slimy baby is coming out of it!

Yuckers! frown

B
Gecko
Gecko
B
It is hard for me to show that part to the Gyn - they always tell me to relax but I feel so very embarrassed - I don't want to show myself that way anymore than at the paps.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.