logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Buying clothes for another person is always difficult. Shopping for your spouse can be a real problem.

My question:
Do you buy clothes for your spouse and what is his/her reaction to your choices?

My own experience is that my husband wants to pick out his own clothes and over the years I have learned to never buy him clothes unless he is with me.

"Allow your dreams to become your plans."

Kristen

Kristen Houghton
Author and Relationship Writer
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
I used to never buy my husband clothes until one day he said - I could really use new socks and underwear - I kind of laughed and said then go buy them. He explained that his mother did all the shopping for his father and thought I should do the same. Ok, so now I am your mother? lol He has learned to buy some of his own clothes (which is good) I still buy the socks and underwear. LOL

Parakeet
Parakeet
The only clothes shopping I do for my fiance is that I buy him a shirt every Christmas. For some reason, every year, there is a shirt he wants (that he doesn't mention until long after his July birthday) that he just never gets around to buying for himself. So we now have a tradition of him getting a shirt from me every Christmas. But it's always a shirt he has chosen for himself. I never buy him any clothing he hasn't already chosen.

When we went out looking for more work clothes for him a few weeks back, he surprised me by asking for and following my advice on his purchases. That's unusual for us. Neither of us has ever been overly concerned with the other's opinion of our wardrobe.

Happily Living The Childfree Life!
Shark
Shark
Yes, I do pick up clothes for my husband when I am shopping and see a good deal.

He is easy to shop for though...jeans and black t-shirts with the occasional basic colored button down or polo.

Gecko
Gecko
Yes and no. And the "no" part is only because we usually go together, he picks them out, and I have veto power. Not so much with jeans/casual shirts, but more with bus. casual/dress clothes. He is colorblind and has a VERY hard time distinguishing (especially dark)colors.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.