logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
For those of you who have never been to Japan and are longing to go.....or maybe who have been before but are dying to go back......is there one place, above all else, that you would like to see? Perhaps it's a particular city, in general, you would like to visit. Maybe it's a certain hot spring, castle, or park. Let everyone know where you'd like to go and, most importantly, why....

Jillian Michelle Williams
Japanese Culture Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
Kyoto. My ex-boyfriend was originally from Kyoto and all the pictures he showed and the stories he told made me fall in love with Kyoto and I've never even been there. smile

Heather J. Hasan
Chinese Culture Editor & CC Forum Moderator
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I would love to go everywhere. That is a dream vacation of mine. The main reason I don't go is the language. I went to Ukraine with Ukrainian speaking people, and I speak Spanish so I've been to Mexico and Costa Rica. Even in Europe everyone tended to speak English. But I've never been somewhere that the language was completely unknown.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Gecko
Gecko
Lisa,

Japanese is a fairly easy language to learn. Much easier than any other Asian language, in fact. There are many books, CD's, and courses available. You should look into it wink

Heather J. Hasan
Chinese Culture Editor & CC Forum Moderator
J
OP Offline
J
I studied Japanese for about 3 years, and it's really not that difficult of a language to grasp. Even so, if you want to go to Japan and don't know even a single word of Japanese, there are ALWAYS bound to be people in the bigger cities who speak English. There are a lot of foreigners in Tokyo, many signs are written in English (as well as in Japanese), and there is even a daily English newspaper. Young high school students are always eager to practice their English skills on visiting Americans. It's not too hard to get by. If you visit a small city or rural village, there may not be ANYONE who speaks English, and you may struggle. Many people in small towns have not, in fact, ever even seen a foreigner and will look at you with a mix of awe, fear, and astonishment....as if they want to touch you to make sure you are real!

Jillian Michelle Williams
Japanese Culture Editor

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.