Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Amoeba
Amoeba
C
I am looking for some Holiday cookie ideas. Any suggestions?

Cindy, www.asweetreminder.com

Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Koala
Koala
J
My mom always makes a cherry cake for holidays. You just make a yellow sheet cake and when it's cool, you poke holes down into the cake, then put a can of cherry pie filling on top, so the liquid part runs down into the holes and through the cake.

Top it with whipped cream when you serve. It's a pretty cake and very easy.

K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
We love doing Thumbprint cookies for Christmas. We've done all of the traditional flavors but a few years ago when I was living in Albuquerque I decided to try the jalapeno pepper jam inside of them. It was excellent! When you bite into the cookie you get a sweet hot burst of flavor. We do half the batch with jalapeno and the other half with strawberry so they come out red and green. I'll have to dig out my recipe and post it.

Another really good jelly to try in them is the Goya brand Guava jelly. This variety is our most favorite.

J
Koala
Koala
J
I'll have to try that jalapeno pepper jam and thumbprint cookies. I know that would go over big in Texas!

We do cookie exchanges here over the holidays. Everyone bakes about 3 dozen cookies so we can all sample each others and then we divide them up to take some home. WE get to try so many special family recipes that way.

Elephant
Elephant
I always like making Hamentaschen at christmastime. I know it's a passover cookie, but they are just too good. and for fillings I use chocolate chips (milk) and carmel bites. Or I even do a cherry and chocolate (like a cherry cordial) filling.

Then there is the barks, or almond bark pretzels dipped into yummy toppings (coconut, nuts, non perils, chocolate shavings, etc).

blossom cookies made with all the different kisses out there.

Or a new one I love is making mega monster cookies. What is a mega monster cookie...

You make a peanut butter cookie dough (chunky), a simple oatmeal chocolate chip cookie dough, and a monster cookie dough (sugar cookie mixed with m&m's). You take equal sized balls of each and mash them together and form a new cookie dough ball. Slightly press it down and bake like a normal cookie.

it is amazing!

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
With the beginning of Fall this week I guess it is time to be thinking about holiday desserts!

I make molasses cookies, chocolate chip cookies and when feeling ambitious I roll out butter / sugar cookies.

C
Shark
Shark
C
I have a recipe for individual cheese cakes topped with cherries. They are yummy and so pretty at Christmas because of the red toppers. You make them in those tiny muffin tins. They are a bit involved, but you can make them ahead and freeze them--just topping them at the last minute.

If anyone is interested, please post and I'll give out the recipe.

cela
V
V
Sounds wonderful even for fall!! Thanks for the recipe. grin
Vicky

C
Shark
Shark
C
Here is the individual cheese cake recipe--it's really a two-parter.

Presoften 2 blocks of cream cheese (or neufchatel). Preheat oven to 350 degees. Butter 3 miniature muffin tins--for 3 dozen cakes. Sprinkle tins with Graham cracker crumbs (see NOTES below).

Separate 3 eggs. Beat the whites til somewhat fluffy--not stiff. Reserve the yolks.

Mix with electric mixer til well blended:
3 egg yolks
2 8 oz. cream cheese blocks
3/4 c. sugar
Fold in (by hand) the beaten egg whites.

Fill tins with the above cream cheese mixture & bake at 350 degrees for 15 min (dark pans, 12 min.). Remove pans from oven. Let sit 5 min. The cakes will each develop a slight dent in their tops.

Turn the oven up to 400 degrees and allow to preheat. While the oven heats and the cakes cool 5 min., stir together, by hand:
1 c. sour cream
2 TB sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
Drop a small amount of this mixture in the center of each cake. Return the cakes to the oven at 400 degrees for 5 min.

Remove from oven. Cool thoroughly. Use a small knife to remove cakes from tins. Put the cakes on their serving tray. From a can of cherry pie filling, top each cake with a single cherry. Let a little of the gooey stuff run onto each cake with each cherry.

NOTES:
IF FREEZING, freeze cakes without cherries. Add cherries after thawing.

To coat the buttered tins thoroughly with the Graham cracker crumbs, I find it works well to:
1) Butter the tins generously.
2) Put some crumbs in all the buttered sections of one tin.
3) Invert another buttered tin over the one holding crumbs.
4) Holding the two tins together, shake them until the crumbs evenly coat sides and bottoms of tin sections.
5) Pour off any excess crumbs.
It's good to do this over the sink in case crumbs leak out.

Another thing--I like pie filling sweetened with real sugar. The diet kind just doesn't taste as good.

Last edited by cela; 09/19/07 09:26 AM.

cela
J
Koala
Koala
J
I love cheesecake and this one really looks like a winner!

Thanks so much for posting. I saved it to my holiday recipe file.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Karen - Desserts 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.