Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#339743 09/09/07 07:52 AM
L
Luanne Offline OP
OP Offline
L
As a dressmaker I've been asked to make a Spiderman costume for a man. The black Spiderman suit. Has anybody made one of these? Any ideas as to how to duplicate the webbing design, etc. on the suit, gloves and boots? Intrigued by the challenge but not sure about the details. Thanks!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Go to stretchy.org for the material and you can replicate the webbing design with some kind of piping that you can dye black if you cannot find black piping.

Stretchy.org has a pattern for a cat suit that I am sure you can make into a spider-man suit.

I hope this helps if you haven't already found the site

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Elephant
Elephant
Does this guy want a black Spiderman outfit, or a Venom costume? (make sure you know which variation he really wants as some folks get them confused and they are different)

In the latest movie, the Spiderman costumes had about 2000 hand-silkscreen details apiece to make all the shadows, muscling and highlights on the fabric match the computer-rendered versions of the characters. I don't suggest you try and do that.

The webbing on the movie costume is latex, hand-painted on and then airbrushed with more texture and color. And on the dark Spiderman outfit, the detailing is silver/grey over black fabric.

Moderated by  Brandi Ford - Costuming 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 02/27/24 08:32 AM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 02/26/24 01:05 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 02/23/24 11:02 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 02/23/24 09:05 AM
Bird Buddy
by Angie - 02/22/24 08:18 PM
Sewing Ideas for St. Patrick's Day
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 02/21/24 05:33 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 02/20/24 03:20 PM
Tennis Legend Roger Federer - New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 02/19/24 08:57 PM
Lined Note Paper Template for Digital Planner
by Digital Art and Animation - 02/19/24 08:38 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 02/19/24 08:21 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.