Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
E
I have posted a new article. This one has a personal background which I did not relate in my article. In 1982, I was 15. in high school, and we were allowed to carry things like tylenol in our purse's.

I remember distincly the day they were connecting the cyanide and the tylenol with the deaths of people in the areas very close to where I lived. An announcement was made over the HS PA system asking everyone who had tylenol in their purse or locker to bring it to the nurse and to NOT take any of the medicine as it had been connected to four deaths in the area and believe to be poisoned.

I had JUST taken two tablets right before this class began. I raised my hand and must have been white as a ghost because the teached immediately asked what was wrong and I said I just took some tylenol....she said why don't you go to the nurse RIGHT now AND she had two people go with me...

Lives intertwine and now I am 40...it has been 25 years since the Tylenol murders, which are still unsolved and I am sure still painfully raw for the families of those who died.

Are we any safer now than 25 years ago? What do you all think? Do you pay attention to the safety seals on your medications? Do you listen for the ring on your milk to "snap" when you open it?
Read the article and then come back and post your thoughts and if you were in Chicago at the time of the Tylenol murders please feel free to share your thoughts and feelings then and now~

The Tylenol Murders of 1982

Blessings~

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Wolf
Wolf
Erika,

I believe that most people do not take care despite things going wrong.

Parakeet
Parakeet
I never understood how tylenol recovered after 1982. I am a Bufferin man, myself.

E
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
E
Jim,
I imagine the only reason is the triple safety seals. I cannot immagine the freak who did this is still running around free and clear. THAT is the scary part.

Moderated by  Vance - Crime Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.