Page 1 of 2 1 2
#337970 09/02/07 02:17 PM
L
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
L
From www.chicagotribune.com:

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - A Florida couple who used fertility drugs after their daughter asked for a sibling are the new parents of sextuplets.

The five boys and one girl were born Saturday night to Karoline Byler, 29, of Wesley Chapel.

"Mom and the six babies are doing well," Bayfront Medical Center spokeswoman Nancy Waite said.

Ben Byler, the father, previously said he hoped the babies would reach 30 weeks in the pregnancy to assure full development of vital organs. The babies were carried 29 weeks and four days.

"We saw them all and it's quite an experience," said grandfather Jack Kiewra. "I'm very pleased everything went well. We have six new healthy grandbabies and my daughter is fine."

The babies were transported from Bayfront Medical Center to All Children's Hospital shortly after their birth. No names have been officially released.

The Bylers also have a 4-year-old daughter, Zoe.

The expecting parents were showered last week with clothing, diapers, baby wipes and gift cards. They also received a year's supply of ready-made meals and baby formula, six months of in-home wellness care and a $7,000 generator for backup electric power in this hurricane-prone state.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
If people want to have that many children then thats wonderful but I feel its irresponsible when people who can't afford the child they already have, have another litter of babies.

C
Gecko
Gecko
C
Oh my goodness. I can't imagine suddenly finding six babies in my house.

Quote:
The expecting parents were showered last week with clothing, diapers, baby wipes and gift cards. They also received a year's supply of ready-made meals and baby formula, six months of in-home wellness care and a $7,000 generator for backup electric power in this hurricane-prone state.

As for the supplies, can you imagine the sort of full-time operation that this would be? That mother will NEVER stop. She will just be running constantly for the next 10 years.

CFFB #338108 09/03/07 01:14 PM
Gecko
Gecko
So their daughter asked for a sibling...did -THEY- actually want to have more, or did they just do it because their daughter wanted them to?

*shakes head*

At least they didn't thank God for their medically-assisted miracles.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I guess this can happen to anyone that uses IVF, right? Are most people prepared to deal with this if it happens? I'm thinking no! I know it is exciting to them now, but wait until the routine sets in, and they realize they have six kids. And wait, just wait, until they have *six* teenagers in their house. I wonder what this guy does for a living. The Mom clearly won't be able to work, unless they are loaded and can afford daycare for six kids. Maybe they offer a discount for half dozens.

Save your own life - don't have kids!
A
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
A
Did you guys hear about the sextuplets in Minnesota? I think 5 out of the 6 of them died because they were so premature. The woman was advised to "reduce" the pregnancy for this exact reason and chose not to...What a moron!

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Better she than me. I have nightmares about finding out I'm pregnant....I can't imagine finding out that I'm going to have SIX!!!

Jez
A
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
A
No kidding...I've had these nightmares about being pregnant and I wake up in a cold sweat! OMG- it was just a dream...phew!

Parakeet
Parakeet
I feel so sorry for the older children of families like these. They end up becoming secondary parents at an early age and will never have another moment of being the center of Mom and Dad's universe again. Can you imagine being four years old and suddenly discovering your only purpose in your parents' home is to "run and fetch six more diapers for me, will you... um, what's-your-name?

Happily Living The Childfree Life!
M.B. #338777 09/05/07 10:35 PM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I hadn't thought of it that way MB, but that's true. The oldest child is probably not going to get any attention for a while. Wow. I don't think people should be showering this family with money and help. I know it might sound harsh, but this didn't happen naturally. They know multiple births are a possibility with fertility treatments. I can't believe people still undergo fertility knowing this can happen. Twins would be tough, but this is three sets of twins.

Save your own life - don't have kids!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.